nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Microsoft Reinvesting in PC Platform (Again) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152239)

NarcissistZero 06-21-10 05:25 PM

Microsoft Reinvesting in PC Platform (Again)

People might have thought Fable 3 was the start of a new era for Microsoft games on PC. People then might have been disappointed that nothing was said about any other PC games at E3 (though to be fair barely anything was said about new 360 games at E3).

Well, according to an internal Q&A at Microsoft, more PC support IS coming.

Kotaku article: http://kotaku.com/5567711/fable-iii-...ming-this-time

Quote from MS:

Quote:

In terms of revenue, Windows is far and away the largest gaming platform in the world, so it's an incredibly important part of Microsoft's business. From core games like "Fable III" to casual, social and Facebook titles, more gaming happens on Windows than anywhere else. Windows 7 is a world-class gaming platform, and you can bet Microsoft has a vested interest in using it as a platform for amazing first party content. "Fable III" on Windows as well as Xbox 360 this holiday is a great first step, and we'll have more news for you later this summer.

dikinher 06-21-10 05:35 PM

Re: Microsoft Reinvesting in PC Platform (Again)

Where is Alan Wake then?:thumbdwn:

mojoman0 06-21-10 05:43 PM

Kinect for PC?

Destroy 06-21-10 05:48 PM

Fable 3 is a 'core' PC game?

NarcissistZero 06-21-10 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 2275000)
Fable 3 is a 'core' PC game?

It's an action-RPG with a lot of story and combat elements... yes, it is pretty simplified and accessible, but I would still call it a core game.

mailman2 06-21-10 06:04 PM

They have no problem milking the money they can from us, but no vested interest in bringing AAA titles to the PC exclusively. They are sell outs, and they can burn in hell with their POS RRoD_Box.

nekrosoft13 06-21-10 06:08 PM

Quote:

it's an incredibly important part of Microsoft's business
HAHA!!

NarcissistZero 06-21-10 06:16 PM

Man, tough crowd.

I for one would welcome a renewed investment in PC gaming from Microsoft; it would bring a lot of great games to our platform.

mailman2 06-21-10 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2275013)
Man, tough crowd.

I for one would welcome a renewed investment in PC gaming from Microsoft; it would bring a lot of great games to our platform.

I dunno, how many crappy ports have we gotten lately? Even good ports like Assassin's Creed II show so many signs of consolitis in their draw distances and textures. I think they've given up on us long ago, we get the half baked port tossed at us once in awhile and yearly promises about reinvesting in the PC but I really don't see any solid effort that makes me believe it.

DX10 and 11 have failed to take off because we are held back by the outdated hardware in the consoles. If PC gaming were going anywhere it would've already given us some great DX11 exclusive games.

Sean_W 06-21-10 06:31 PM

It's BS marketing talk, that's what it is.

Destroy 06-21-10 06:33 PM

I can see it already, we'll get a port of a recent Halo using special added DX11 features and it will run like crap.

NarcissistZero 06-21-10 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman2 (Post 2275017)
I dunno, how many crappy ports have we gotten lately? Even good ports like Assassin's Creed II show so many signs of consolitis in their draw distances and textures. I think they've given up on us long ago, we get the half baked port tossed at us once in awhile and yearly promises about reinvesting in the PC but I really don't see any solid effort that makes me believe it.

Well the games certainly don't look any better on console, they look and play worse. I don't know what to tell you, but I will take more PC games over less.