nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Well? Aion or Conan? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152252)

H3avyM3tal 06-22-10 05:06 AM

Well? Aion or Conan?

This is probably the hardest choice I made in my life ( :headexplode: ).

With all the improvements that both games went through lately, which one would be the better pick? I tried them both but dropped them after the first month when they came out. So for those who play both, which would be the better choice while waiting for GW2? Aoc? Aion? Or maybe EvE online (radical change I know)?

Help a gamer choose :)

Vardant 06-22-10 07:43 AM

Re: Well? Aion or Conan?

Aion will get another major update in the fall, so that might help you choose. I'm thinking of resubbing too right now, but I'm not sure if I should continue with my lvl 40 cleric, lvl 30 ranger or start fresh and get a third piece of the Daevanion armor.

Ninjaman09 06-22-10 02:13 PM

Between the two, I thought Conan was a better game. Only played them both at launch though.

H3avyM3tal 06-22-10 03:48 PM

From what I read, Aion got more of those useless skills like crafting and cooking and sewing and what not. Does it still have a large enough player base? I gave conan another go, and I still see many players around, and frankly from what I remember about Aion, it was a drag. In that regard conan was more serious and mature...

zampe 06-22-10 04:01 PM

I've just come back again to Conan, who with the new Godslayer' expansion looks impressive.
I did not try Aion yet, but after a year of pause, Conan positively surprised me.

ATOJAR 06-22-10 04:24 PM

Conan all the way baby!

I tried Aion on release, It seemed boring & a big grind fest! ... Graphics aint to impressive either.

Conan on the other had i have played from release, Yeah on release it was buggy as hell but 2 years & a expantion pack later the game is 100% better, the community grows more every week with new players & old players returning .. Dont get me wrong not totally bug free though(what mmo is?)

The combat in conan is the best of any mmo imo, the graphics, player animation & areas are just stunning .. the areas feel so alive with life that its easy to get immersed for hours without realising, I play in Fury(a PvP server) ... The game is wild, the arease are unforgiving & the quests are epic. If your looking for a adult content mmo with awsome fatalitys ... great PvP ..... Conan is your game!

Whats more u can play a free unlimited trial of tortage(the starting area, u can lvl to 20 on the trial)to make your mind up.

BTW its great to read the ingame chat now and read new players saying how awsome the game is ... It great to read returning players ways "wow, this game is 10x better than 1.5+ years ago"

It was a different story on release, If the game was then as it is now if feel this would be challenging wow if it wasent for the demanding system specs needed to run the game at decent settings.

GW2 will have to be something very special to pull me away from AoC.

Ninjaman09 06-22-10 07:35 PM

You guys are making me want to resub just to check out Conan now. I was pretty happy with it originally up until about level 30-40 when I ran out of stuff to do. I picked a Demonologist too which was a pretty boring class at the time.

Snake101st 06-22-10 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 (Post 2275746)
You guys are making me want to resub just to check out Conan now. I was pretty happy with it originally up until about level 30-40 when I ran out of stuff to do. I picked a Demonologist too which was a pretty boring class at the time.

same with me but I was a barbarian.

MUYA 06-22-10 11:27 PM

AoC is improving all the time, incrementally. I was almost ready to quit in terms of 1)End game content 2) Leveling alts 3) Balance

However they have addressed 1) by introducing new tiers of end game RAIDs, expansion pack with new areas, alternate advancement, new combat mechanics (critigation) all being tied to factions and alignments. The destiny quest is extended into the expansion and storyline attuned to how you far you get with your chosen factions etc (Although, the faction part is a bit of a grind) . Alternative advancement allows you to get new combos or buffs for PVE or PVP or can be used for both!

2) New zones have been introduced as specific levels such as Gateway to Kithai (20-40), Yimr's pass (50-60) and Tarantia Commons (75-80), Grasslands, Chosain, Pai Kang, Khara Korum + (lvl 80s)

3) On going and classes are getting balanced now that FC have had 2 years of feedback

So all in all, its good for AoC and thats why people who are getting back in are enjoying it more this time round.

Vardant 06-23-10 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal (Post 2275624)
From what I read, Aion got more of those useless skills like crafting and cooking and sewing and what not. Does it still have a large enough player base? I gave conan another go, and I still see many players around, and frankly from what I remember about Aion, it was a drag. In that regard conan was more serious and mature...

1.9 changed the XP rewards from quests and monsters, added random daily quests, counter-skills against stun, knockback etc.. They have added some important atrib. stones for magic critic., healing boost and others.

Boss drop rates are now higher. Soul healing ,binding and teleports are now much cheaper. And NPC carry stigma, that could have only been dropped before.

Depending on the server, the population goes from not bad to high. They are also planing server merges and server transfers. More info on this should be available this week. I'm expecting the numbers to be around 2k on each side, but we'll see.

The 2.0 update is huge. New instances, low and high lvl, group and solo. New weapons, lands, skills, many new quests etc.

zampe 06-23-10 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA (Post 2275813)
So all in all, its good for AoC and thats why people who are getting back in are enjoying it more this time round.

+++++
and huge numbers of people exceeds from WoW to Conan (70% members of my newly established guild:)),
following the ingame global chat window seems that the vast majority of ex WoW players delighted with Conan.
Its really glad to see how Conan community grows and grows from day to day...

Vardant 06-23-10 12:43 PM

Wow, I might have underestimated it a little bit. They are going from 32 servers to 13 - more info on merges and transfers here http://na.aiononline.com/board/notic...leID=309&page=