nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone else here trying NV Surround or 3d Vision Surround? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152557)

Rollo 06-30-10 07:10 PM

Anyone else here trying NV Surround or 3d Vision Surround?

I'm pretty much loving it. There have been some bumps in the road (e.g. turning off some features to do 3d, some stretched HUDs and games) but the overall experience has been nothing short of amazing.

Been playing with it the last few weeks, everyone I've shown it to has been VERY impressed.

GitDat 07-01-10 06:42 AM

Re: Anyone else here trying NV Surround or 3d Vision Surround?

Oh yeah :D Need For Speed: Shift is an EXCELLENT game for 3D Surround (nana2). Not to mention Left 4 Dead. It was well worth the wait!

Rollo 07-01-10 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GitDat (Post 2280964)
Oh yeah :D Need For Speed: Shift is an EXCELLENT game for 3D Surround (nana2). Not to mention Left 4 Dead. It was well worth the wait!

Heh- LFD had my son and his buddy pretty much mesmerized on Monday night. I played about an hour worth of UT2004 last night which I love in in 3d Surround.

Far Cry 2 and Just Cause 2 work perfectly with 3d Surround. AVP3 and Metro2033 are better candidates for NVIDIA Surround, but are a feast for the eyes at 50 X10.

Half Life 2 works great in 3d Surround, Jericho works well also. (although the latter had some WS stretching issues, like COD World at War)

BatMan AA is a showcase title for the tech. UT3 has issues for me, even in straight Surround it just doesn't play fast.

SirPauly 07-01-10 09:23 AM

For some strange reason I can understand how Surround would look like but having trouble understanding how 3d stereo surround would look like -- even though I have 3d vision and a 120hz screen. I can't imagine all this depth and pop-out at these resolutions and literally be surrounded by it. Maybe I never expected this so soon so-to-speak.

Kain 07-01-10 09:30 AM

Is this basically running 3D Vision on multiple monitors at the same time?

newparad1gm 07-01-10 09:38 AM

Metro 2033 probably requires a tri-SLI or quad-SLI rig to run at 3x1080p in 3D Vision Surround. It works great in 3x720p though on my SLI setup. Once issue is that bezel management will sometimes break resolution options in certain games. I couldn't get my bezel managed resolution of 6120x1080 to show up in Metro 2033 and 5760x1080 disappeared as well. I had to turn off bezel management to get 5760x1080 to show up again.

Also, it seems like Widescreenfixer is busted for Modern Warfare 2, as I can't get the tool to correct the game's FOV. Has anyone gotten MW2 to work in Surround?

And has anyone gotten low virtual memory warnings when running certain games in 3D Vision Surround with AA? I'm guessing its the fact that I turned off my pagefile, mainly because I'm using an SSD.

Rollo 07-01-10 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPauly (Post 2281028)
For some strange reason I can understand how Surround would look like but having trouble understanding how 3d stereo surround would look like -- even though I have 3d vision and a 120hz screen. I can't imagine all this depth and pop-out at these resolutions and literally be surrounded by it. Maybe I never expected this so soon so-to-speak.

The man with "Flexible" in his sig needs a couple more 2233s Pauly!
;)
Seriously, as much as you like 3d Vision, you're a natural candidate for this.

Rollo 07-01-10 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newparad1gm (Post 2281041)

Also, it seems like Widescreenfixer is busted for Modern Warfare 2, as I can't get the tool to correct the game's FOV. Has anyone gotten MW2 to work in Surround?

And has anyone gotten low virtual memory warnings when running certain games in 3D Vision Surround with AA? I'm guessing its the fact that I turned off my pagefile, mainly because I'm using an SSD.

1. I'm not a big COD fan, but my buddy Keys over at AT told me the fix didn't work for him either. I just left'em short and fat, made me feel better about myself....

2. No memory errors here.

Logical 07-01-10 01:41 PM

I wouldn't like to think i was 3d gaming all the time...the experience may be short of nothing but amazing but i just cannot see myself wearing a pair of shades everytime i want to game on my PC.

I guess the experience is somewhat similar to watching a 3d movie...awesome at the time but not something you would want to do every time you watch the television.

I tried 3D gaming at my local computer store (scan.co.uk) and couldnt help but notice that although sure enough the 3D looks awesome that it looked washed out (desaturated) and lacked the quality and detail that is 2D.

I can't see myself purchasing 3D monitors and the Nvidia 3D shades and tbh i thnk Nvidia need to be concentrating more on trying to get ahead of the competition by making there GPU's worth the money they are being sold at.

bacon12 07-01-10 01:46 PM

As soon as I can justify the what.. $3000 needed for the set up.:headexplode:

Amaury 07-01-10 04:44 PM

[quote=Logical;2281221]I wouldn't like to think i was 3d gaming all the time...the experience may be short of nothing but amazing but i just cannot see myself wearing a pair of shades everytime i want to game on my PC.

But that's the beauty of 3dvision surround. You don't. You can play in regular 2d surround. You have choices. For those that want the 3d, get the 120hz monitors + 3dvision kit. Nvidia's 2d surround gaming trumps ATI's eyefinity as far as performance goes. A pair of GTX 470s in SLI gives you the best bang for buck as compared to a 5870 + DP-DVI active adapter.

Kain 07-01-10 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kain (Post 2281036)
Is this basically running 3D Vision on multiple monitors at the same time?

:confused: