nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Medal of Honor MP beta (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152567)

mailman2 07-01-10 08:16 AM

Medal of Honor MP beta

Got an email today with a key, didn't even pre-order the game. Played for a bit today, racked up some nice kills. I enjoy the change of scenery from the bland brown of BF BC2. Forced DX10 and ran 100+ fps maxed. DX11 still feels choppy to me just like BF BC2 does in DX11.

The game looks fantastic, if they can optimize the engine some more I think this one is another purchase. By October I'll be tired of BF BC2 and this looks to be a nice change of scenery with similar type combat.

Check your emails... another buddy of mine got his random invite last night. Neither of us pre-ordered it.

Rummy 07-01-10 01:11 PM

Re: Medal of Honor MP beta

I got one as well I am about to check it out

lee63 07-01-10 01:34 PM

I haven't got anything, I wanna play it before I buy it though.

Edit: I went ahead and bought it, I would have probably ended up getting it for SP anyway.

lIqUID 07-01-10 10:02 PM

I got a key, but if the environment isn't destructible I probably won't bother downloading it. It would be like trying to play an fps without iron sights now.

Mr. Hunt 07-01-10 10:04 PM

You aren't missing much liquid. I played it and it sucks. Hard.

jAkUp 07-01-10 10:14 PM

Does anyone know if the final version will have destructible environments? I can't see why not... its already built into the engine.

mojoman0 07-01-10 11:44 PM

No pretty sure one of the producers was talking about the scaled back destruction. Maybe a level or two might have a big building for takedown tho.
Think interview was with Patrick Liu in case u want to search it

K007 07-02-10 04:38 AM

i think they are using destruction more for the 'effect' but still keeping it more like mw2 walls...

beta keys have been going out for free since the early beta thing

the only disappointing part so far is they have not patched anything in the game

bob saget 07-02-10 04:49 AM

BFBC2 is fulfilling my MP shooter needs, and then some. I will not be getting a new MP shooter for a long time.

mailman2 07-02-10 08:49 AM

I dunno I'm digging it more than BF BC2. I'm tired of the same maps, same choke points, etc. Its too bad the maps weren't dynamically changed a little each rotation to keep the capture points different and choke points different. A few of the maps I refuse to play anymore cause I'm just so sick of them. Arica Harbor, White Pass are two I refuse to even play anymore, I just hate them so much now.

I'm sure if I had 60 hours into the 4 maps MOH will ship with I'd be sick of it too though.

K007 07-02-10 10:17 AM

just need local servers... actually i started getting back into CS ><

lee63 07-02-10 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman2 (Post 2281771)
I dunno I'm digging it more than BF BC2. I'm tired of the same maps, same choke points, etc. Its too bad the maps weren't dynamically changed a little each rotation to keep the capture points different and choke points different. A few of the maps I refuse to play anymore cause I'm just so sick of them. Arica Harbor, White Pass are two I refuse to even play anymore, I just hate them so much now.

I'm sure if I had 60 hours into the 4 maps MOH will ship with I'd be sick of it too though.

It seems like you and I are the only ones that like it better than BC2.