nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   TERA - Walkthrough Video (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152570)

NarcissistZero 07-01-10 09:15 AM

TERA - Walkthrough Video
 
So I hate MMOs... Guild Wars and Star Trek Online both bored me to tears and I regret buying them.

This though... this looks fun. Actual combat, dodge, move, swing your sword... like Oblivion, but with tons of co-op partners. The graphics look good too, and having 8 classes is cool. If the healer only heals though, that's lame.

Check it out: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...t-e-r-a/701208

Anyone else think it looks good? Any more seasoned MMO gamers want to tell me what will suck about it?

Thanks.

|MaguS| 07-01-10 09:19 AM

Re: TERA - Walkthrough Video
 
I got interested but I hope its not instanced like Guild Wars which I have a feeling it will be.

Guild Wars isn't an MMO.

Vardant 07-01-10 09:23 AM

Re: TERA - Walkthrough Video
 
It's not instanced. It's more like Lineage 2, open world PvP with no predefined sides. I've been keeping an eye on it for months, too bad it's still far away.

NarcissistZero 07-01-10 09:26 AM

Re: TERA - Walkthrough Video
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2281076)
I got interested but I hope its not instanced like Guild Wars which I have a feeling it will be.

Guild Wars isn't an MMO.

Star Trek does the same thing though, only the galactic map thing is massively multiplayer, all the mission areas and such are instanced.

Both of them are boring, either way.

|MaguS| 07-01-10 09:30 AM

Re: TERA - Walkthrough Video
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vardant (Post 2281083)
It's not instanced. It's more like Lineage 2, open world PvP with no predefined sides. I've been keeping an eye on it for months, too bad it's still far away.

Well according to their website they will offer two servers, one with open PvP and another with only consensual PvP with a focus on PvE.

Vardant 07-01-10 09:38 AM

Re: TERA - Walkthrough Video
 
I never play on PvE servers if there's a choice, so I skipped that part :p It's too soon for such details anyway. I just hope, that they're not lying about the ability to "westernize" the game. From changing the XP tables to some balance fixes.

NCSoft said the same thing about Aion and all they did was translate stuff differently...

Mr. Hunt 07-01-10 12:35 PM

Re: TERA - Walkthrough Video
 
Wasn't interested at first... because I am really starting to hate MMOs... but then they said it actually rewards skill and I was like "wot?" That is my main issue with MMOs.... I get tired of all of the autoattack BS. If I have ACTUAL control over my character in an MMO, I would be very happy.

Vardant 07-01-10 01:43 PM

Re: TERA - Walkthrough Video
 
I know what you mean. I just hope you can actually kill somebody who's better equiped and there will be nothing like missing with skills, because he's one or more level higher than you. I'm ok with dealing less damage, but getting completely resisted is retarded.

Mr. Hunt 07-01-10 01:48 PM

Re: TERA - Walkthrough Video
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vardant (Post 2281289)
I know what you mean. I just hope you can actually kill somebody who's better equiped and there will be nothing like missing with skills, because he's one or more level higher than you. I'm ok with dealing less damage, but getting completely resisted is retarded.

Yup. That is my problem with MMOs... I loved them a few years back... but for some reason I just grew tired of it all. Guess I finally realized it had barely any real interaction :(.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.