nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sniper - Ghost Warrior (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152651)

hell_of_doom227 07-04-10 12:37 PM

Sniper - Ghost Warrior

Anybody playing this game? Excelletn graphic and game i am really impressed!

mailman2 07-04-10 12:49 PM

Re: Sniper - Ghost Warrior

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227 (Post 2282625)
Anybody playing this game? Excelletn graphic and game i am really impressed!

my buddy bought it and said it was pretty cool but hard. I saw some of his screens, looked decent.

Oscar140 07-04-10 02:12 PM

Got it and couldn't stop till I finished it on "easy", now working my way through "normal"
It is very challenging. I wouldn't expect even the best players to make it through some of the levels without dieing or being caught in the stealth operations 3 or 4 times, .. in my case it was more, but that's to be expected from an ole fart like me.:)

NarcissistZero 07-04-10 02:23 PM

I was surprised that most levels are more Call of Duty than sniping.

The Chrome engine really looks good here, though not nearly as good as it did in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Same good tricks of light and such to make the game look better than it does though.

PaiN 07-04-10 02:59 PM

This Sniper is good?
The little I've read on it wasn't to full of praise for the game....some were calling it ridiculous and making fun of the game play.

Mr. Hunt 07-04-10 03:15 PM

I was interested in it for when it comes down to like... 15 bucks... but after hearing Narc talking about it, I am not so sure. I want a sniper game... not CoD :\.

NarcissistZero 07-04-10 04:11 PM

I got it for $20 on amazon... it's alright for that price. Better than every other City Interactive cheapo FPS I have played, but that isn't saying a whole lot I guess.

It's mostly CoD style shooting with sniper moments spread out among the levels.

Mr. Hunt 07-04-10 04:40 PM

That sounds terrible. I just want to snipe people in the face.

LurkerLito 07-04-10 04:44 PM

Amazon still hasn't shipped my order for the game. I am not liking the description of it being COD like with only a few moments of sniper elements. That is not what I want from a game called Sniper. So from the demo are those 2 levels not representative of the game?

NarcissistZero 07-04-10 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LurkerLito (Post 2282737)
Amazon still hasn't shipped my order for the game. I am not liking the description of it being COD like with only a few moments of sniper elements. That is not what I want from a game called Sniper. So from the demo are those 2 levels not representative of the game?

I only played the first demo level, and no, it was not representative of the game as a whole. Which isn't to say there is no sniping or sneaking in the game, there is, but it is more action focused in general.

LurkerLito 07-04-10 06:45 PM

Nuts. That is not what I wanted to hear. Unfortunately, it's too late to cancel my order. Amazon has it as status cannot be changed, but not yet shipped. Kind of sucks, well I did only play $20, but I went by the demo levels and I will write them a complaint if it isn't like the demo most of the way through.

NarcissistZero 07-04-10 07:42 PM

Yeah, my amazon order took 2 days to process too, I think it said that in fine print when I ordered it and I didn't notice.