nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   When the eff is Froyo (2.2) coming to motodroid!? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152834)

v3rninater 07-09-10 05:48 AM

When the eff is Froyo (2.2) coming to motodroid!?

The best I've seen lately is like the middle/end of July, but does anyone have closer info, or "inside" info? That would be greatly appreciated, I'm tired of waiting for froyo that was supposed to come in April for cryin out loud...

betterdan 07-09-10 07:24 AM

Re: When the eff is Froyo (2.2) coming to motodroid!?

Are you talking about the original Droid? If so I have seen reports that it won't be coming to the original Droid. But then I see others that says it will. I was just curious because someone was saying that they didn't think the 600MHZ processor in my wife's phone could handle Froyo but if the Droid is getting it with a 550MHZ processor that puts that idea to rest.

Imbroglio 07-09-10 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3rninater (Post 2285030)
The best I've seen lately is like the middle/end of July, but does anyone have closer info, or "inside" info? That would be greatly appreciated, I'm tired of waiting for froyo that was supposed to come in April for cryin out loud...

Froyo for Droid

April? You do realize that google did officially release Froyo until June 23rd, right? You'll never see any carriers pushing beta updates.

Maverick123w 07-09-10 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterdan (Post 2285049)
Are you talking about the original Droid? If so I have seen reports that it won't be coming to the original Droid. But then I see others that says it will. I was just curious because someone was saying that they didn't think the 600MHZ processor in my wife's phone could handle Froyo but if the Droid is getting it with a 550MHZ processor that puts that idea to rest.

What phone does your wife have? I for instance have the LG Ally which has a 600Mhz chip that is only about 3/4 as powerful as the 550Mhz chip in the droid.

betterdan 07-09-10 11:54 PM

She has the Garminfone with the MSM7227 600MHZ chip. The one in the LG ALLy is a n MSM7627.
I see a few websites say what you are saying that the Droid has a different kind of chip and is in reality faster than our 600MHZ ones. Ah well. Garmin is saying they are actively pursuing a newer version of Android for it so I guess we'll see. Right now it has 1.6 with some of the 2.0 features put in so i guess Garmin made a kind of mixed Android version.

v3rninater 07-10-10 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbroglio (Post 2285419)
Froyo for Droid

April? You do realize that google did officially release Froyo until June 23rd, right? You'll never see any carriers pushing beta updates.

Yeah, I was being pretty sarcastic, I'm just excited for the new update, should be really good! Thanks for the link too!

nrdstrm 07-10-10 02:26 PM

The rumored date for VZW to start pushing the 2.2 update is July 13th. We will see. I don't care much, because I've been running 2.2 for weeks now on my Droid, but I hope it comes soon for the "non-root" type people... :D

six_storm 07-11-10 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrdstrm (Post 2285662)
The rumored date for VZW to start pushing the 2.2 update is July 13th. We will see. I don't care much, because I've been running 2.2 for weeks now on my Droid, but I hope it comes soon for the "non-root" type people... :D

I'm really looking forward to 2.2 myself. Although things are decently fast just getting around on the phone, I wouldn't might a speed burst.

v3rninater 07-13-10 08:23 AM

Well today's the 13th, so hopefully today's the day!?!

v3rninater 07-14-10 08:31 AM

Nope it wasn't, still on 2.1 and it's the 14th.

betterdan 07-14-10 09:43 PM

Sorry v3rn, that blows more than Oprah's butt after eating a 5 gallon bucket of refried beans.

v3rninater 07-15-10 01:47 AM

Don't be sorry mandinga, your not the one responsible for making it come out are you!?!

If you are, THEN you can be sorry...

I just want my phone to be better, and not have to root it.