nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NV PR: PC's will soon be "archaic" and "Mobile is the future." (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153126)

Ninja Prime 07-18-10 12:39 AM

NV PR: PC's will soon be "archaic" and "Mobile is the future."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile/...m_Archaic.html

LOL. I guess they hired Prince as someone on the marketing team? Dumbass.

"Hey 80% of our buisness is PC part sales, but PCs are so over, stop buying them morons."

:p

autobot 07-18-10 01:59 AM

Re: NV PR: PC's will soon be "archaic" and "Mobile is the future."

I did my part in ridding the world of nVidia....I just stopped buying their crap. Last nVidia thing I bought was a PNY 7900GT at PDXLAN about 5 years ago. I like this forum though....its fun to read. :)

nutcrackr 07-18-10 04:40 AM

Real men play games on an abacus.

MaXThReAT 07-18-10 05:22 AM

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/07/...as-tegra-line/

Ninja Prime 07-18-10 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 2289065)
Well mobile GPUs or SOCs are still in the early stages. There will be insane performance improvements in the next couple of years. Similar to the development in over the last 10+ years in the desktop GPU (and CPU) area.
This is were the money is because every new generation will be a worthy upgrade. You can't say the same about desktop technology anymore because even 2-3 year old hardware is still fast enough.

Love the remark about Apple. Guess nV is still pissed that Apple makes it's own chip design now :p And went Intel again with the new MBP, even though it's nV's fault for not having a license.

I too was amused by the apple comment. Guy talks about open standards/systems... when their own PhysX is as closed as it gets, lol. :p

fasedww 07-18-10 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 2289065)
Well mobile GPUs or SOCs are still in the early stages. There will be insane performance improvements in the next couple of years. Similar to the development in over the last 10+ years in the desktop GPU (and CPU) area.
This is were the money is because every new generation will be a worthy upgrade. You can't say the same about desktop technology anymore because even 2-3 year old hardware is still fast enough.

Love the remark about Apple. Guess nV is still pissed that Apple makes it's own chip design now :p And went Intel again with the new MBP, even though it's nV's fault for not having a license.

They will always run too Hot for us performance minded pc gamers, What happens if you drop it, There goes all that money, Too fragile for me too.

Noriega 07-18-10 12:41 PM

... my next GPU will be ATi

Vardant 07-18-10 01:18 PM

It's not like he's wrong. Cloud computing is the future whether we like it or not. They will still supply people with GPU's, but the rest will go to the farms.

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony should be more worried about this tbh. Unless they buy more developer teams obviously.

Yaboze 07-18-10 02:49 PM

I think phones/mobile will replace: Netbooks, Small Laptops (maybe all laptops), PSP/Nintendo DSI types but not the standard 24" LCD desktop PC or Mac.

People still like having a PC with a big screen for video and pictures. They like keyboards. Maybe the PC's will get smaller, but not everyone wants to enjoy games and multimedia off of a 4.3 inch screen. Ever try to surf on a phone? Even on a Droid or iphone, it's just too small. Does it work? Sure for a quick google of something or killing a few minutes, but nothing for more than a few minutes.

I think PC's will evolve into kind of what the iMac is now. All in one, big screen, but there'll be ultra fast processors and GPU's in a smaller place, the rest being the screen.

Logical 07-18-10 05:46 PM

For people that like to view there media on a nice big monitor, mobile computing is not the way forward...not untill they can make a super lightweight 24"monitor that folds down to a 5" pocket sized thing.

Never been to keen on mobile computing and never will be and if nvidia decide that is the way forward and start to abandon desktop or make it Archaic then im afraid i will go elsewhere for my products.

Yes there is money in it for Nvidia when it comes to people buying hand held devices then it is probably the way forward for Nvidia when it concerns cash flow...

ViN86 07-18-10 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vardant (Post 2289178)
It's not like he's wrong. Cloud computing is the future whether we like it or not. They will still supply people with GPU's, but the rest will go to the farms.

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony should be more worried about this tbh. Unless they buy more developer teams obviously.

I really don't think MS has anything to worry about at all. They can buy their way out of any mess. :lol:

It's like the oil companies. I mean, we are going to run out of oil eventually (probably within our lifetimes), and you can bet your life they will (or already have) their hands in the next energy source. Their vast resources will never allow them to just fade away.

It's also funny to see you mention cloud computing as the future, considering new game systems that host all the processing and just deliver you the rendered output...

HiCZoK4 07-19-10 08:37 AM

I was never on this forum becouse its nvidia fanstite or something. Its just a great forum for me.