nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Why I love my RAZR (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153475)

zoomy942 07-27-10 02:45 PM

Why I love my RAZR

First some background - I used to manage a huge VZW account at my previous job. Over 100 lines and LOTS of PDA's and smartphones. Of course, being in this, I tried pretty much every device that came out over the years and thus, had lots of fancy ones on my personal account too. The wife has a BB, I had a Droid and before those we had a myriad of others. My main functions are email, texting and calling. I take a few photos but not alot and I always longed for better battery life.

Enter my RAZR.

Sure it's not touchscreen and sure it doesnt have a 4.3" LCD display. But you know what?

I get emails through the VZW mobile email app, i can text and i can call. The best part is the extended battery, while still keeping the phone small, give me battery life of a week easily. I charge it on the weekends and thats all i need.

More importantly I dont need an extra $30 data plan to use it.

PROS : battery life, call quality, able to text, can use email, small size.

oh... and i can play Scrabble on it.

Albo 07-27-10 02:52 PM

Re: Why I love my RAZR

The Incredible would be perfect for you.

There is a Mobile Section, jsyk.

ViN86 07-27-10 03:04 PM

BANISH THIS THREAD TO THE MOBILE SECTION!

Albo 07-27-10 03:04 PM

That's a nicer way of putting it, yes.

zoomy942 07-27-10 03:09 PM

banished!

ViN86 07-27-10 03:21 PM

I had a Razr from 2002 to 2005, and I really loved that phone. It was an older model with a higher powered antenna too and I got signal practically everywhere lol.

zoomy942 07-27-10 03:26 PM

nice! i have gone back to my razr after pretty much every smart phone i have owned

Q 07-27-10 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albo (Post 2293934)
The Incredible would be perfect for you.

There is a Mobile Section, jsyk.

HA! He can use his phone for a week without charging. I couldn't use my Incredible past lunch without charging it until I bought the extended battery.

EL

OH

EL

Albo 07-27-10 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q (Post 2293994)
HA! He can use his phone for a week without charging. I couldn't use my Incredible past lunch without charging it until I bought the extended battery.

EL

OH

EL

Exactly.

Stoneyguy 07-27-10 04:34 PM

I don't ever remember my RAZR lasting a week. I did love the phone though. It was the V3xx and it was ahead of it's time. My dad still has a RAZR and loves it.

zoomy942 07-27-10 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoneyguy (Post 2294004)
I don't ever remember my RAZR lasting a week. I did love the phone though. It was the V3xx and it was ahead of it's time. My dad still has a RAZR and loves it.

i have the extended battery.

six_storm 07-28-10 08:25 AM

I would agree here and show my love for the RAZR. I remember that I got one and it was a tank of a phone. Once I got a new phone, my dad had it for a year or two, then my mom used it until earlier this year.

I'm addicted to my Droid though.