nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Ordered A Droid X (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153529)

Maverick123w 07-28-10 04:06 PM

Ordered A Droid X

I ordered my Droid X online last night. Thought my new every 2 was due on 8/15 but it was already up. I'll do a review of it when I get it in and see how it compares to my current Android phone (the LG Ally)

stncttr908 07-28-10 04:19 PM

Re: Ordered A Droid X

My buddy bought it launch day and the phone is Absolutely. ****ing. Huge.

But it's really nice.

Maverick123w 07-28-10 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stncttr908 (Post 2294556)

But it's really nice.

I played around with it in the store and it was pretty big, but I think I prefer a bigger screen after playing with it and the Incredible side by side. It wasn't as fast as the Incredible but that could be due to Moto's Launcher software.

I ended up getting the phone for $25 so I'm really excited.

CaptnStubing 07-29-10 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick123w (Post 2294585)
I played around with it in the store and it was pretty big, but I think I prefer a bigger screen after playing with it and the Incredible side by side. It wasn't as fast as the Incredible but that could be due to Moto's Launcher software.

I ended up getting the phone for $25 so I'm really excited.

Moto's software is why I didn't get this phone. It is horrible. Everthing else about the phone is top notch. It's just too bad they didn't give it good software.

The best thing to do is get the phone, root it and put 2.2 with Sense on it. BAM! perfect phone. :D

zoomy942 07-29-10 01:26 PM

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153475

ViN86 07-29-10 01:56 PM

I'm jealous. my contract expires this coming February. I will probably wait for the 2nd round of LTE phones though.

Maverick123w 07-29-10 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViN86 (Post 2294977)
I'm jealous. my contract expires this coming February. I will probably wait for the 2nd round of LTE phones though.

I wanted to wait, but I couldnt.

Maverick123w 07-29-10 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnStubing (Post 2294959)
Moto's software is why I didn't get this phone. It is horrible. Everthing else about the phone is top notch. It's just too bad they didn't give it good software.

The best thing to do is get the phone, root it and put 2.2 with Sense on it. BAM! perfect phone. :D

Some of the stuff like resizable widgets is pretty sweet. I played around with the X at the store again and installed Launcher Pro on it and it drastically improved the sluggishness of the UI.

Imbroglio 07-30-10 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stncttr908 (Post 2294556)

But it's really nice.

What's with all the guys and their female sized hands (I see this response everywhere)? I got my X thinking the thing wouldn't fit in my pockets with all this "oh em gee.... it's bigger than the bigman, vim shaw!!11!!1!". Come to find out, it's the same width and about a half inch taller than my samsung omnia...apparently milk failed this generation

six_storm 07-30-10 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoomy942 (Post 2294971)

Fail. Droid > RAZR. ;)

Maverick123w 08-01-10 08:18 PM

Just got my tracking info and the phone will be here Tuesday. I may do a video review comparing old and new

Maverick123w 08-03-10 08:50 PM

Well after playing with the phone for a few hours now I have to day it's absolutely amazing. I'm getting the hang of swype right now and I think it's going to spoil me.

The phone is significantly faster than the incredible I played with at the store which makes me very happy. I'll post more thoughts after some more time with the device