nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Feedback Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=154179)

MaXThReAT 08-17-10 09:23 PM

Official Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Feedback Thread

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is out today on steam. I had to go ahead and get it. I just finished up playing through the first one last week. The first was an awesome experience and so far the second is right behind it. Been playing most of today.

So far it doesn't quite feel as out of control as the first one. To be honest I'm not really sure what's going on story wise yet but a lot has happened and I'm sure it will feed the story later on.

Graphics are as seen in the demo. I'm not really a big fan of effects that make the game look like crap but I understand the youtoob type of look their going for with the pixilation and blur junk but I don't like it. Why would I want to feel like I'm watching rather than doing. Dumb effect, someone will find a way to turn it off I hope. Performance is not an issue for me. 2048x1536 16qAA 16AF max in game setting nets me about 60-85fps solid.

It took me some time to get accustom to the controls. I'm playing on Med diff and have died many times, some due to Lynch not responding or doing what I want, getting against cover or taking the wrong cover but overall it works. Do yourself a favor and make sure to turn off aim assistance, I also lowered aiming sensitivity a tad.
Overall great game, pick it up.

Bladestorm 08-17-10 09:59 PM

Re: Official Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Feedback Thread

Please please please tell me there's a way to adjust the FOV? I just got done playing through the opening chase scene and I feel like throwing up.:(

ragejg 08-17-10 10:13 PM

I'm load downing this naow.

MaXThReAT 08-18-10 12:32 AM

Well after spending many hours with the game I can say Holly ****ing crap. I didn't think this game would let me down and let me tell you it certainly has not. The action has picked up significantly and things are now way, way...way out of control. Also IMO Q needs to be assigned by default to switch view stance and not switch weapons, we do have a mouse wheel and middle mouse button.

Mr. Hunt 08-18-10 06:44 AM

I hear the game is about 4 hours long :(. That sucks to hear, but if it is a great 4 hours I am still interested. Will wait for a sale on Steam, though.

BioHazZarD 08-18-10 09:17 AM

Yeah its very short indeed people say.

MaXThReAT 08-18-10 12:48 PM

I'm above eight hours right now, almost nine.

newparad1gm 08-18-10 01:16 PM

Is there support for 3D Vision Surround in this game? I might pick it up when it goes on sale if it does. With Mafia 2 around the corner though, this game can wait.

MaXThReAT 08-18-10 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newparad1gm (Post 2304141)
Is there support for 3D Vision Surround in this game? I might pick it up when it goes on sale if it does. With Mafia 2 around the corner though, this game can wait.

I've played it using red and blue anaglyph with 3D Vision and it works very well. I would guess so do their shutterglasses.

MaXThReAT 08-18-10 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaXThReAT (Post 2304118)
I'm above eight hours right now, almost nine.

Ended shortly after. Kind of short but what a ride, I switched to easy half way through, I was just dying all over the place. I'm going back through on hard and it's going to take much longer. Great game over all, needs a FOV hack for sure.

wysiwyg 08-19-10 10:35 AM

i think its an awful game

the enermy take bullets like they are robocop, they constantly spawn, they move very oddly, the graphical effects make the game look awful and give me headaches, kane and lynch are unlikable caracters, the audio is rough and piercing and each level is the same

Destructoid did an accurate review on this garbage-

http://www.destructoid.com/review-ka...s-181575.phtml

PeterJensen 08-19-10 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wysiwyg (Post 2304596)
i think its an awful game

the enermy take bullets like they are robocop, they constantly spawn, they move very oddly, the graphical effects make the game look awful and give me headaches, kane and lynch are unlikable caracters, the audio is rough and piercing and each level is the same

Destructoid did an accurate review on this garbage-

http://www.destructoid.com/review-ka...s-181575.phtml

ehhh 1.0 in score? Yea right... - The game is not that bad. I think its fun to play.