nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   New Phone Time! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=154323)

$n][pErMan 08-21-10 11:42 AM

New Phone Time!
 
Well, in the next week or two I am thinking about getting a new cell phone. I have that itch to buy a new one and it has been about 2 years sence I have upgraded to a new phone. I am with Verizon and plan to stay with them. My question is, what is the best cell phone out right now? I should specify, I do not want a blackberry and money is not an issue. Everytime I get a cell phone I get the best of the best out so let me know what you think and help point me in the right direction! :)

Sazar 08-21-10 12:37 PM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
Dell Streak :D

But it is AT&T only.

HiCZoK4 08-21-10 12:59 PM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
Think about Samsung Wave. Since I am planning to get it too.

Or maybe galaxy S if You prefer android based system. But Galaxy S have worse build quality and no LED flash compared to wave(as reviewers says)

Bman212121 08-21-10 01:06 PM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
I've seen the droid X and it looks pretty slick. I'm hoping I'll be able to get one of those in a few months. If you love to tinker then android is a great OS for you.

$n][pErMan 08-21-10 01:27 PM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
I really want an android OS. The only problem I heard of with the Droid X is the interface is bloated and you can't mod the phone. I then was looking at the Droid 2 but all the reviews say the camera quality on it sucks.

Bman212121 08-21-10 01:32 PM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by $n][pErMan (Post 2305864)
I really want an android OS. The only problem I heard of with the Droid X is the interface is bloated and you can't mod the phone. I then was looking at the Droid 2 but all the reviews say the camera quality on it sucks.

Well the phone has only been out for like 2 weeks now, so being able to root it will come in time. I'm not sure about the interface, but it's android so you can add and remove widgets as you please. If I had a nickel for every time I've seen someone use the word "bloated". From what I've read there isn't one piece of software in existence that isn't bloated...

Maverick123w 08-21-10 04:47 PM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by $n][pErMan (Post 2305864)
I really want an android OS. The only problem I heard of with the Droid X is the interface is bloated and you can't mod the phone. I then was looking at the Droid 2 but all the reviews say the camera quality on it sucks.

I own the X. You can root it. The bootloader was just cracked and 2.2 was just leaked (which I'm running). The phone is absolutely amazing. The stock interface runs a little choppy on 2.1 so I'd suggest getting launcher pro which is smooth as butter. The camera on the X is significantly nicer than on the D2.

$n][pErMan 08-22-10 01:00 AM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 (Post 2305855)
Think about Samsung Wave. Since I am planning to get it too.

Or maybe galaxy S if You prefer android based system. But Galaxy S have worse build quality and no LED flash compared to wave(as reviewers says)

Looks like the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate has an LED flash for Verzion....

HiCZoK4 08-22-10 05:10 AM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
yes. There are ... I think 4 versions of Galaxy S are avaible over different operators in states. (Only readed this in reviews)

I personally dont give a damn if its android. I am not going to overclock 1ghz phone more so why do I need it for?

$n][pErMan 08-22-10 10:53 AM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
I don't think I would overclock a phone... lol. Im just trying to do my research before I buy a new one. I know people who have been burned before by buying phones without looking online to see the pitfalls first. :p So far it looks like the 2 best are the "Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate" and the "Droid X". Can anyone comment on the touchscreens on these 2 phones? Obviously the Droid X is bigger, but how responsive is the touch screen on them? Also, how easly damagable are they? I currently have a Voyager Titanium and I am addicted to the keyboard... lol. I would like a touchscreen that would not take long to get used too as I can type super fast on what I have now.

I take it all the phones these days still allow me to play MP3's off my MicroSD card?

Maverick123w 08-22-10 11:19 AM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by $n][pErMan (Post 2306039)
I don't think I would overclock a phone... lol. Im just trying to do my research before I buy a new one. I know people who have been burned before by buying phones without looking online to see the pitfalls first. :p So far it looks like the 2 best are the "Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate" and the "Droid X". Can anyone comment on the touchscreens on these 2 phones? Obviously the Droid X is bigger, but how responsive is the touch screen on them? Also, how easly damagable are they? I currently have a Voyager Titanium and I am addicted to the keyboard... lol. I would like a touchscreen that would not take long to get used too as I can type super fast on what I have now.

I take it all the phones these days still allow me to play MP3's off my MicroSD card?

I can't comment on the fascinate a it isn't out yet, but the X is the best phone on verizon if you don't need a keyboard. If you want a keyboard get a droid 2. The galaxy s phones are very nice but I don't think they really outpace the X.

The touchscreen on the X is super responsive. My brother has the same phone a you and when he played with my X he couldn't stand to use it anymore. He said it was too slow and small

Sazar 08-22-10 11:52 AM

Re: New Phone Time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by $n][pErMan (Post 2306039)
I don't think I would overclock a phone... lol. Im just trying to do my research before I buy a new one. I know people who have been burned before by buying phones without looking online to see the pitfalls first. :p So far it looks like the 2 best are the "Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate" and the "Droid X". Can anyone comment on the touchscreens on these 2 phones? Obviously the Droid X is bigger, but how responsive is the touch screen on them? Also, how easly damagable are they? I currently have a Voyager Titanium and I am addicted to the keyboard... lol. I would like a touchscreen that would not take long to get used too as I can type super fast on what I have now.

I take it all the phones these days still allow me to play MP3's off my MicroSD card?

If you are going to be doing any kind of work on the phone, I will continue to recommend the streak. The new updates will provide a far superior keyboard to pretty much anything on the market :)

The touchscreen on most of the devices is pretty responsive, the only issue is with the OS. Right now, Apple's iOS on the iphone 4 is still the standard bearer when it comes to overall smoothness and responsiveness and overall fit and finish, but Android's headliners are catching up rapidly. Given the hardware, it does appear to be nothing more than an OS thing. For example, the Incredible at launch was almost as smooth as iOS4 :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.