nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Media player? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=154421)

DiscipleDOC 08-24-10 11:49 AM

Media player?
 
What media player do you use to play music? Videos?

ViN86 08-24-10 11:56 AM

Re: Media player?
 
VLC. Just like in Windows.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Sean_W 08-24-10 12:02 PM

Re: Media player?
 
I don't watch videos much at all on the computer, only YouTube. Rhythmbox does me though but banshee can play both music and video media.

grey_1 08-24-10 12:10 PM

Re: Media player?
 
Rhythmbox for my music, so far I like Mplayer for video, but haven't really decided yet. I still install it mostly out of habit as it was the easiest for me to get working properly a couple years back.

The Banshee Sean mentioned didn't look bad either.

DiscipleDOC 08-24-10 02:19 PM

Re: Media player?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_1 (Post 2307133)
Rhythmbox for my music, so far I like Mplayer for video, but haven't really decided yet. I still install it mostly out of habit as it was the easiest for me to get working properly a couple years back.

The Banshee Sean mentioned didn't look bad either.

I'll give rhythmbox a try...;)

Sean_W 08-24-10 02:24 PM

Re: Media player?
 
New versions of Banshee support Amazon and you can purchase music. Ubuntu has Ubuntu One built into Rhythmbox for mainstream music.

Oh I forgot Doc, you're using openSUSE. You could always try new versions of Banshee with Amazon support, of which they provide a one-click install.

DiscipleDOC 08-25-10 09:24 AM

Re: Media player?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2307204)
New versions of Banshee support Amazon and you can purchase music. Ubuntu has Ubuntu One built into Rhythmbox for mainstream music.

Oh I forgot Doc, you're using openSUSE. You could always try new versions of Banshee with Amazon support, of which they provide a one-click install.

Does Banshee provde support for .m4a files?

bacon12 08-25-10 11:24 AM

Re: Media player?
 
Amarok for music, mplayer for vids.

DiscipleDOC 08-25-10 11:39 AM

Re: Media player?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon12 (Post 2307639)
Amarok for music, mplayer for vids.

I don't know why, but amarok is not using my decoders for .m4a files...

Sazar 08-25-10 11:39 AM

Re: Media player?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC (Post 2307108)
What media player do you use to play music? Videos?

VLC when I was booted into Ubuntu.

Sean_W 08-25-10 11:49 AM

Re: Media player?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC (Post 2307566)
Does Banshee provde support for .m4a files?

You probably need codecs then. Look for them on Pacman or use the Webpin option in YaST. Gstreamer packages.

bacon12 08-25-10 12:36 PM

Re: Media player?
 
Yea I think you may have to switch to a non US repository to get the codecs DD. Suse used to be pretty vague on how to get codecs, they aren't exactly legal in the US or encumbered by license issues.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.