nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Adnroid Tablet (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=154538)

|MaguS| 08-28-10 09:49 AM

Adnroid Tablet
 
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/28/s...id-2-2-coming/

This one is looking real good. Thinking about getting it, anyone know any other releasing soon that would compete with it? I know Samsung is making the Galaxy S Tablet but I don't think they are changing the specs much on it so I can't imagine it competeing with a Tegra 2 system.

Toss3 08-28-10 01:17 PM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2308939)
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/28/s...id-2-2-coming/

This one is looking real good. Thinking about getting it, anyone know any other releasing soon that would compete with it? I know Samsung is making the Galaxy S Tablet but I don't think they are changing the specs much on it so I can't imagine it competeing with a Tegra 2 system.

Only thing I don't like about it is the design. :) I'd still pick the Galaxy Tab or 7-inch iPad over this though.

Toss3 08-29-10 01:42 AM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
This one looks a bit better, but the screen is too big for a tablet imo:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/28/t...alled-folio-1/

Viral 08-31-10 10:38 PM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
Not sure about these Adnroid tablets. Think I might wait for the Android ones instead.

Maverick123w 09-01-10 11:51 AM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toss3 (Post 2309193)
This one looks a bit better, but the screen is too big for a tablet imo:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/28/t...alled-folio-1/

The battery in that Toshiba is smaller than the one in my phone. Way too small.

Maverick123w 09-01-10 12:45 PM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
I also wanted to say that I scoffed at these tablets originally when the iPad came out, but recently when I was visiting my parents I did my espn fantasy draft on theirs and I have to say I'm in love.

I'm on my phone all the time in the living while watching tv surfing the web or catching up on this forums and what not, and a larger screen would be fantastic.

Not having to use my battery up on my phone while I'm at home would be great so if an android tablet comes out in the $300-$400 range that can match the iPad's smooth experience I'll be buying one.

Since I've got this phone my computer only gets used for gaming now. I can really see these mobile devices eventually making me rethink an expensive gaming computer. The power in these devices is really amazing.

Maverick123w 09-02-10 10:34 AM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...-tab-announced

Samsung Galaxy Tab was introduced this morning. Actually looks really really nice. Watch some of the videos it's very fast.

Toss3 09-02-10 02:11 PM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick123w (Post 2311667)
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...-tab-announced

Samsung Galaxy Tab was introduced this morning. Actually looks really really nice. Watch some of the videos it's very fast.

Definitely a contender for the iPad. Only problem is the lack of apps due to the absence of a real OS for these type of products. I'd still get the iPad over a Galaxy Pad due to the former being thoroughly supported by developers. This might change once gingerbread launches though.

NaitoSan 09-03-10 02:39 AM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
I'm waiting for iPad 2 which is rumored to be announced this holiday.

Maverick123w 09-03-10 09:23 AM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NaitoSan (Post 2312188)
I'm waiting for iPad 2 which is rumored to be announced this holiday.

Any rumored specs?

autobot 09-03-10 12:14 PM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick123w (Post 2312328)
Any rumored specs?

Like all second generation Apple products, it will probably have very minor updates and will cost $100 more than the last generation. ^_^

nrdstrm2 09-07-10 12:03 AM

Re: Adnroid Tablet
 
The problem with the Galaxy Tab is that it is going to be $200-$400 (good) but locked to a carrier (thus data package) (bad). I would be all over this for $400 (retail, no contract), but to get it at that, speculation is pricing will be similar to what it is in EU (close to 1k!!!)...

Will wait it out I guess...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.