nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Blackberry vs Droid, advantage difference? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=154681)

Destroy 09-01-10 02:41 PM

Blackberry vs Droid, advantage difference?

People say the BB is a business phone and Droid can do more with all its apps.

Well what exactly is the MORE about Droid that everyone talks about or wants?

Besides the different physical and input manor, I don't see many useful examples of why someone should get or want a Droid over a BB.

|MaguS| 09-01-10 02:46 PM

Re: Blackberry vs Droid, advantage difference?

The Android OS is far more customizable aswell as its good for all uses while the Blackberry's are kinda a downer if you want to web browse or do anything on the entertainment side.

Most Android devices now also come with better cameras and storage by default.

Bearclaw 09-01-10 03:01 PM

BB is the worst phone you can get. Now that RIM has started giving in to government demands with security and servers, they suck even more.

six_storm 09-01-10 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2311206)
BB is the worst phone you can get. Now that RIM has started giving in to government demands with security and servers, they suck even more.

Agreed. I always say that if you just want a phone that makes phone calls, does email and some basic web stuff, then BB is for you. If you want a full smartphones experience with a real web browser, more customizable features, bigger screen, better camera, and just a better phone, than get an Android powered device. Simple as that.

Destroy 09-01-10 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2311194)
The Android OS is far more customizable aswell as its good for all uses while the Blackberry's are kinda a downer if you want to web browse or do anything on the entertainment side.

Most Android devices now also come with better cameras and storage by default.

Well ok, Droid may do some things better but its far from exclusive. BB can still do all the same things as a Droid, just not as well or perhaps differently.

Guess I'm kind of looking for an exclusive list between the Smartphones, kind of like how some games are only on certain consoles. What things are only on a Droid or only on a BB that the other can not do?

Destroy 09-02-10 11:02 PM

Can Droid do push email?

betterdan 09-03-10 03:26 AM

Yes

Bearclaw 09-03-10 07:37 AM

Know what else you can do with a Droid?

Wipe your ass.

:bleh:

six_storm 09-03-10 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2312250)
No what else you can do with a Droid?

Wipe your ass.

:bleh:

No that's what you do with BBs. Droid will wipe it for you. :captnkill:

betterdan 09-03-10 08:46 AM

I tried wiping my ass with a BB and got crap all in the keys, I then tried with my Android phone with the touch screen and it was much easier to clean. I even felt fresh as a Spring morning as opposed to the BB where I felt as filthy as a Summer night.

Albo 09-03-10 08:58 AM

There is a big advantage. There are like 5 thousand apps (maybe a bit more now) total for the Blackberry. There were 30,000 in March for the Android market. The technology is also advanced more in Android phones.

With that said, I still like my Blackberry 8900.

Bearclaw 09-03-10 09:30 AM

Albo - Would you say that most people in Mass have BB? Serious. Everytime I am out there EVERYONE has one. I don't see ANY other phones.