nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Droid 1 horribly slow and lagging with froyo (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=155153)

sillyeagle 09-15-10 11:22 PM

Droid 1 horribly slow and lagging with froyo

Anybody else have this isse after the update? Worked fine before the update, now it will hang for 5 seconds or more. Already tried the ctrl-alt-del reset and that fixed it for a small period of time. Now it's worse than ever, and often I only see the wallpaper with no icons after opening the phone, and it sits like that until I touch the screen.

Destroy 09-17-10 10:14 PM

Re: Droid 1 horribly slow and lagging with froyo

How do you like your Droid 1? I may be getting the Milestone 1 soon but am unsure if its worth it(my carrier wants $200 for the thing on 2 year contract?!!!) for me coming from my BB 8530.

For example, does it have keyboard shortcuts in apps? Like if you use Google Maps, can you simply press D on the keyboard and GMaps should switch to satellite view? Or press Z and it toggles traffic view?

v3rninater 09-17-10 11:21 PM

I like my droid 1, it's not laggy like you say for me, cause I setup app cleaner pro to do it's thing. Although I will say it definitely does need an upgrade if there ever was something like that available. I'm sure Droid 2 will be even better, and hopefully get java working on their phones like flash!

Maverick123w 09-18-10 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyeagle (Post 2318995)
Anybody else have this isse after the update? Worked fine before the update, now it will hang for 5 seconds or more. Already tried the ctrl-alt-del reset and that fixed it for a small period of time. Now it's worse than ever, and often I only see the wallpaper with no icons after opening the phone, and it sits like that until I touch the screen.

Do a factory reset. If it's still slow then exchange it. My guess is there is a rogue app that's not playing well with froyo.

sillyeagle 09-18-10 08:46 PM

Might have to try the factory reset. Mostly when I open/close the keyboard the icons vanish and don't come back until I press the screen, and still it takes a few seconds before they return.

@ destroy, I love my droid and like the brag to friends about all the sh*t it can do. I am very impressed and even amazed at the capabilites and apps available. I use the flashlight a great deal, and have been greatful to have it a number of times, like being out in the woods after dark. The compass, maps, and weather radar has saved my ass once already when on a long hike when a storm popped up. Helped us decide which trails to take, and help correct out direction after taking a wrong turn while rushing to beat the storm. I also requently use it for recording any inspired ideas or thoughts I have, and with my mp3 collection on it and earbuds in the car I always have music available. I've used google star map a number of times, and the stopwatch has also been handy. All in all its like a bag full of gadgets.

Destroy 09-18-10 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyeagle (Post 2320611)
@ destroy, I love my droid .

Good to hear for sure but would you....

For example, does it have keyboard shortcuts in apps? Like if you use Google Maps, can you simply press D on the keyboard and GMaps should switch to satellite view? Or press Z and it toggles traffic view?

six_storm 09-19-10 09:34 AM

Best thing to do is to do a "Factory Reset". Takes 15 minutes but makes a world of difference.