nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   HOW TO: Adjust Touchscreen Sensitivity (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=155205)

Destroy 09-16-10 06:08 PM

HOW TO: Adjust Touchscreen Sensitivity

From what I read, it is not possible to adjust on any phone, least not Droids? Who's bright idea was that?

Sazar 09-16-10 06:53 PM

Re: HOW TO: Adjust Touchscreen Sensitivity

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 2319599)
From what I read, it is not possible to adjust on any phone, least not Droids? Who's bright idea was that?

:confused:

What the heck are you on about?

You can't adjust sensitivity on any capacitive screen I don't think.

Destroy 09-16-10 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 2319625)
:confused:

What the heck are you on about?

You can't adjust sensitivity on any capacitive screen I don't think.

Exactly my point. That is one major beef for me, and many others according to a google search, when using a droid. Sort of like not being able to control mouse movement speed, seems stupid.

|MaguS| 09-16-10 11:30 PM

Why would you need to adjust the sensitivity? The screen doesn't detect different levels of pressure. It works by the electrostatic of the human skin. Its as accurate as your gonna get. Only resistive screens need and can be calibrated. I gotta ask, do you own or know anything about smartphones? With most of your threads you come off as someone who never uses or have used one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 2319636)
Exactly my point. That is one major beef for me, and many others according to a google search, when using a droid. Sort of like not being able to control mouse movement speed, seems stupid.

|MaguS| 09-16-10 11:32 PM

Oh and you can't compare it to controlling a mouse since there is no cursor with a smartphone unless your using a none touchscreen. Your finger is the mouse cursor...

Destroy 09-16-10 11:59 PM

While scrolling through contacts, the screen seems quite sensitive. Is there a setting to 'numb' this down a bit. Keep calling people we don't mean to just because we're trying to scroll through them.... spend an inordinate amount of time being directed to web pages I do not wish to browse and hitting the touch controls by accident at inopportune moments.

More likely question is why would you not want the option? Being able to distinguish between a purposeful touch and inadvertent one is important for efficient use.

Rakeesh 09-17-10 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 2319777)
While scrolling through contacts, the screen seems quite sensitive. Is there a setting to 'numb' this down a bit. Keep calling people we don't mean to just because we're trying to scroll through them.... spend an inordinate amount of time being directed to web pages I do not wish to browse and hitting the touch controls by accident at inopportune moments.

More likely question is why would you not want the option? Being able to distinguish between a purposeful touch and inadvertent one is important for efficient use.

You aren't talking about sensitivity, or anything to do with the touch screen for that matter. What you're talking about is how the software is interpreting your finger gestures.

From the sound of things, you are being too light on the screen with your fingers. For example when you're scrolling, try holding your finger a tad more firmly on the screen when you move it across. Holding your finger too lightly will lead to you to occasionally not maintain contact long enough on the screen for it to interpret the movement as a scroll gesture.

I'm guessing you used to use a phone with a resistive touch screen. They are noticeably different from capacitive touch screens in how your fingers physically react to the surface (resistive needs pressure, capacitive only needs touch alone) so it may take a little time to get used to it. Capacitive touch screens are vastly superior for too many reasons to list, so it's worth getting used to.

Also if you have a screen protector, tear that sucker off, as it will make the problems you're describing worse, and it ultimately serves no useful purpose. Unlike resistive touch screens which are made out of plastic, capacitive screens are made out of glass, virtually nothing you carry in your pocket will scratch it, as glass is harder than most metals (diamond or tungsten are the only real concerns, and screen protectors don't save you from those either.)

Sazar 09-17-10 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 2319777)

Yes, if you want to dumb it down, the best setting for that is to return your phone and buy a resistive screen product :bleh:

I have heard that setting works really well.