nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=155927)

Sean_W 10-10-10 06:41 AM

Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
http://www.ubuntu.com/sites/default/...e_1_Ubuntu.png

Click Image

Quote:

Super-fast and great-looking, Ubuntu is a secure, intuitive operating system that powers desktops, servers, netbooks and laptops. Ubuntu is, and always will be, absolutely free. Created by the best open-source experts from all over the world, Ubuntu is available in 24 languages and ready for download today.
(nana2) (nana2) (nana2)

snowmanwithahat 10-10-10 01:41 PM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
Sneaky bastards... releasing 10.10 on 10-10-10

MacSlow 10-10-10 04:45 PM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
Of course :)

It gets even better, because 101010 is binary for 42 (make sure to read the release announcement ;) And don't forget the brand-new Q&A site for Ubuntu!

We're geeks to the core!

Best regards...

MacSlow

DiscipleDOC 10-11-10 09:45 AM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
Looks pretty nice. Grey, are you updating to the newest ubuntu?

grey_1 10-11-10 10:28 AM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC (Post 2330325)
Looks pretty nice. Grey, are you updating to the newest ubuntu?

I'm going to wait for some feedback first DD. I'd rather make sure no show stoppers rear their ugly heads first. Plus I haven't checked the compatibility on all the add-ons I'm running.

I will eventually though.

grey_1 10-11-10 10:29 AM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacSlow (Post 2330062)
Of course :)

It gets even better, because 101010 is binary for 42 (make sure to read the release announcement ;) And don't forget the brand-new Q&A site for Ubuntu!

We're geeks to the core!

Best regards...

MacSlow

Are you part of a Ubuntu dev team MacSlow?

If so, nice work on the distro! :)

Redeemed 10-11-10 02:32 PM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
Man, really looking forward to getting a dedicated linux box. Got the parts... just need a spare monitor +KB/M. :lol: Letting my buddy borrow my spare monitor untill he can get a new one. Once he does I'm picking up a cheap kb/m and then I'll have my dedicated linux box--- YAY! :lol:

Likely by then Ubuntu 11.0 or whatever will be out. :lol: :o

zoomy942 10-11-10 03:04 PM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
im installing this in my VM today

Redeemed 10-11-10 03:07 PM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
Gotta' be honest... if they can get most proprietary software to work- like iTunes, support for WMA and WMV, DX, etx... ubuntu/kubuntu would likely be my main OS. :)

zoomy942 10-11-10 03:17 PM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
if my mac wasnt so dam easy to use it would be my main OS also.

DiscipleDOC 10-11-10 03:18 PM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 2330507)
Gotta' be honest... if they can get most proprietary software to work- like iTunes, support for WMA and WMV, DX, etx... ubuntu/kubuntu would likely be my main OS. :)

Nah...it still can't take the place of my Window 7 box. I mean, I love working with Linux, but Microsoft is still mainstream. I'm not saying this to start a Windows vs Linux war, but facts are facts. Windows still have an insurmountable edge on Linux, and that is not going to go away in the foreseeable future.

Redeemed 10-11-10 03:29 PM

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC (Post 2330513)
Nah...it still can't take the place of my Window 7 box. I mean, I love working with Linux, but Microsoft is still mainstream. I'm not saying this to start a Windows vs Linux war, but facts are facts. Windows still have an insurmountable edge on Linux, and that is not going to go away in the foreseeable future.

I know, and that is basically what I was saying. If I could get all the popular windows software to work flawlessly and with ease in Ubuntu or Kubuntu... then it'd be my main OS. They're a long ways from that though... so that means Windows will be my main os in the time being. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.