nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Official Guild Wars 2 Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=156012)

CaptnStubing 10-12-10 12:14 PM

Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
Reserving this thread nao fo later... or something like that.


Any way, I am very excited for this game. I hope it doesn't have the same problem I and many others had with Guild Wars. There just didn't seem to be a point to the game. It has nice graphics, good game play but for me and the guys I game with, we had no incentive to keep playing. Maybe we didn't give it a chance. Keep in mind I liked the game. It just didn't hold my interest longer than 4 months or so.

That being said, BRING ON GW2!

zoomy942 10-12-10 12:31 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnStubing (Post 2330973)
Reserving this thread nao fo later... or something like that.


Any way, I am very excited for this game. I hope it doesn't have the same problem I and many others had with Guild Wars. There just didn't seem to be a point to the game. It has nice graphics, good game play but for me and the guys I game with, we had no incentive to keep playing. Maybe we didn't give it a chance. Keep in mind I liked the game. It just didn't hold my interest longer than 4 months or so.

That being said, BRING ON GW2!

i found tons of reasons to keep playing. i always likes the teamwork and cooperation it required to complete a difficult quest. no grinding or anything like that. just quick ass kicking

hirantha 10-13-10 10:05 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
Check the new Hall of Monuments! that will give you a reason to go play again and get as many titles as possible. More titles mean better items in GW2 :)

ATOJAR 10-16-10 10:49 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
Is GW2 gonna be a "real" MMORPG like WoW & AoC ect or the same style as the origional where once you leave the big city hubs your pretty much on your own?

CaptnStubing 10-18-10 02:09 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
They said it would be a "persistent" world, so yeah it will be like WoW. They will also have dynamic public events. They will be kind of like Warhammer's public quests.

t3hl33td4rg0n 11-04-10 12:19 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
The dynamic public events are what initially piqued my curiosity. As long as theres a large variety of them, and they expand them over time, I may pick it up.

Also, I got bored with GW1 after about 6-9 months and 2 expansions later lol.

emailthatguy 11-16-10 01:14 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
Expect something VERY different in this game.

The reason?

Game Director Eric Flannum

The last time someone gave Eric full reigns on a title it was considered by a lot of people at the time, to be the most fun, balanced, and creative game of its time. All the while being touted as the most visually stunning game of its time.



When it comes to multiplayer games (eric also did the lions share of the grunt work of the level design in the original Starcraft), this dude knows WTF hes doing.

CaptnStubing 11-16-10 01:21 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
I LOVED Sacrifice.

hirantha 11-17-10 12:50 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
Oh man that was one of the best games i've ever played.. so he is in the creative team for GW2? ah good stuff!!

emailthatguy 11-18-10 12:08 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hirantha (Post 2348996)
Oh man that was one of the best games i've ever played.. so he is in the creative team for GW2? ah good stuff!!

he's the game director. i.e. the man in charge of the title, lead designer.

hirantha 11-18-10 03:15 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by emailthatguy (Post 2351490)
he's the game director. i.e. the man in charge of the title, lead designer.

really? wow we can expect some good stuff.. Didn't think he was playing such a big roll in GW2..

emailthatguy 11-21-10 10:26 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread
 
it's my understanding that he was brought on board to lead the team from the get go as phinney had plans to leave before they even started development on GW1

james is a good guy also though, his zombie mmo should be great.

he actually wrote the story for sacrifice, although he wasnt at shiny persay, he was contracted to flesh out the core story. Another professional writer was brought in toward the end (his name completely escapes me but i remember he was a really nice guy) to flesh out the final particulars, write the manual etc..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.