nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   User reviews? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=157225)

nekrosoft13 11-17-10 02:24 PM

User reviews?

Everyone here buys tons of hardware, what if users would start writing small reviews for hardware that they buy?

for stuff like CPU, video card, it would be a bit harder to do because not everyone has 5-10 parts from the same category to write a 10+ page review.

for for some other devices, cases, media etc... it could generate traffic when people are searching for those devices on line.

for example

NZXT Internal USB expansion kit
or
Vantec NexStar Hard Drive Dock

Drolfrawd 11-17-10 02:38 PM

Re: User reviews?

I think its a good idea nekro, a non flame thread, strictly facts and helpful hints.

Bearclaw 11-17-10 02:40 PM

Great idea. This is one of the ideas we've been contemplating. Would be great.

Drolfrawd 11-17-10 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2349082)
Great idea. This is one of the ideas we've been contemplating. Would be great.

While your about bearboy , would you care to tell me how that little sig banner works, I want one but have no clue how to make it .

ragejg 11-17-10 02:49 PM

User reviews are great. a number of us have done some of these over the years, but there is no specific repository for them on the forums. Let's just say that at this point we're seriously considering making a specific subforum for user reviews. Me or other mods/staffers will stay in touch with the community about this. :)

Redeemed 11-17-10 04:19 PM

I go back and forth on this. I support having user reviews 100%, and would love a forum dedicated to just that.

However, I go back and forth about how much I'd be able to contribute. Really having to tighten my belt in regards to spending, and I'm finding that more lately I just don't care enough to write any reviews. Sometimes I'm in the mood, and would love to, but don't have anything really review-worthy. :lol: :(

Other times when I do, I've spent so much time installing the new hardware or doing whatever that I don't want to bother writting up a review- just want to enjoy the new item. :lol:

Brutally honest, I know- but I'm not gonna' lie about it.

As to the forum in general, absolutely for it and would love to read other's write-ups on products. Might even inspire me. :D

Roadhog 11-17-10 04:27 PM

I would be for this. I could see it being very slow right now, but down the road it would probably take off.

zoomy942 11-17-10 04:48 PM

with so many different software/hardware setups around this forum - i think its a great idea

six_storm 11-19-10 12:58 PM

Sounds cool to me. What about doing video reviews as well? That would be even better! :D

ragejg 11-19-10 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm (Post 2352348)
Sounds cool to me. What about doing video reviews as well? That would be even better! :D

For right now, IF we get a User Reviews section and it actually thrives, if people want to do video reviews, they would go into the User Reviews section. :)

six_storm 11-19-10 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragejg (Post 2352382)
For right now, IF we get a User Reviews section and it actually thrives, if people want to do video reviews, they would go into the User Reviews section. :)

If and when I get my Macbook Pro, I'll dedicate the review to betterdan and roadhog. :bleh:

DiscipleDOC 11-19-10 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm (Post 2352399)
If and when I get my Macbook Pro, I'll dedicate the review to betterdan and roadhog. :bleh:

:lol: