nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Software (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   cant play blu rays (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=157248)

trivium nate 11-18-10 02:15 AM

cant play blu rays

okay everytime I put a BR movie into my BR drive it says unsupported format...

ive tried 2 different programs and uninstalled and reinstalled the drive but still says same thing...any suggestions?

ragejg 11-18-10 02:59 AM

Re: cant play blu rays

what two programs?

trivium nate 11-18-10 08:03 AM

cyberlink powerdvd 10 I always used to use this program with no problem
and Corel WinDVD 2010

Bearclaw 11-18-10 08:45 AM

I recently trued CyberLink PowerDVD 8 and it wouldn't work; caused BSODs. I upgraded to 10 and it works great. Maybe try re-installing the software?

nekrosoft13 11-18-10 10:11 AM

more info needed

movie
drive
screenshot of error
buy the software

Bearclaw 11-18-10 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 (Post 2351627)
more info needed

movie
drive
screenshot of error
buy the software

:lol:

mullet 11-18-10 11:51 AM

HAHAH

Redeemed 11-18-10 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2351588)
I recently trued CyberLink PowerDVD 8 and it wouldn't work; caused BSODs. I upgraded to 10 and it works great. Maybe try re-installing the software?

I used to true software all the time as well. Untill I trued this one application and got all sorts of infections! :(

Now I don't true any more software, to be completely truthful- just not worth the risk.

:p :D

mojoman0 11-18-10 12:09 PM

do you have to update the firmware of PC blu ray drives like you do with standalone playerS?

Redeemed 11-18-10 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojoman0 (Post 2351728)
do you have to update the firmware of PC blu ray drives like you do with standalone playerS?

You do. But the software is supposed to inform you when an updated is needed. Might not work all the time though.

Try updating the firmware nate. Or check for patches/updates to the software you are using.

Bearclaw 11-18-10 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 2351711)
I used to true software all the time as well. Untill I trued this one application and got all sorts of infections! :(

Now I don't true any more software, to be completely truthful- just not worth the risk.

:p :D

:|

nekrosoft13 11-18-10 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojoman0 (Post 2351728)

yes, but for different purpose.

firmware update for standalone players updates the software that plays the disc.
firmware update for optical drives in PCs updates the internal software, that doesn't affect playback, software like powerdvd will inform you when update is necessary to powerdvd software it self, those updates don't affect the drive. manufacture might release update that has something to do with bd playback if they screwed up something in first place.

but normally all the firmware updates for pc optical drives fix/improve stuff like dvd burn/bd burn perfoamnce, read perfoamnce etc...