nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official Battlefield 3 Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=157575)

ragejg 11-30-10 11:06 AM

Official Battlefield 3 Thread

In the coming weeks I'm sure there will be more.... details, screenshots, explanations of the technologies etc....

Via Gamespot on Facebook:

Quote:

The first Battlefield 3 details could be hitting the Internet pretty soon if the GDC 2011 schedule is anything to go by.

The 2011 schedule contains a lecture from Kenny Magnusson, a senior lighting and VFX artist at EA DICE.

Below is a preview of the lecture;

"This session presents a detailed overview of the new lighting system implemented in DICEs Frostbite 2 engine and how it enables us to stretch the boundaries of lighting in BATTLEFIELD 3 with its highly dynamic, varied and destructible environments."

"BATTLEFIELD 3 goes beyond the lighting limitations found in our previous battlefield games, while avoiding costly and static prebaked lighting without compromising quality."

"We discuss the technical implementation of the art direction in BATTLEFIELD 3, the workflows we created for it as well as how all the individual lighting components fit together: deferred rendering, HDR, dynamic radiosity and particle lighting."

In order for this lecture to be successful you would expect at least a little of the game to be shown so the chances of seeing an official reveal before then isn't such a crazy idea.
:D Well, that' a start!

Bearclaw 11-30-10 11:47 AM

Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

:thumbsup:

autobot 11-30-10 12:20 PM

All new dynamic lighting....aka....MORE BLOOM! :(

mojoman0 11-30-10 12:22 PM

yea repi posted this on twitface, yet there still hasn't been an official announcement for bf3 lmao

Madpistol 11-30-10 01:29 PM

Hmmmmmmm... sounds intriguing.

I want a new Battlefield!!!! 128 player maps please! :D

Bearclaw 11-30-10 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madpistol (Post 2357547)

:thumbsup:

FlakMagnet 11-30-10 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madpistol (Post 2357547)

Would be nice! But I suspect we will be stuck with 24-player (or less) games because that seems to be 'the norm' for consoles :(

DansFace 11-30-10 02:21 PM

wow... new lighting mechanics...

What about new game play mechanics? I could care less about some new coat of paint

Smee 11-30-10 03:08 PM

I played the original BF with desert combat mod, probably more than any other game.
It pisses me off that with each new game, they try harder to mimic Call of Duty.

YodaStar 11-30-10 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlakMagnet (Post 2357569)
Would be nice! But I suspect we will be stuck with 24-player (or less) games because that seems to be 'the norm' for consoles :(

Crysis 32 players -> Crysis 2 12 players
BF2 64 players -> 32 players on PC

Hopefully they do 64 player maps for BF3 and BTW aren'tthey going to release a "BF2 evolution" game with FB 1.5 and thus port over the 16-64 player maps, no? Hope they keep the 64 number...

YodaStar 11-30-10 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DansFace (Post 2357573)
wow... new lighting mechanics...

What about new game play mechanics? I could care less about some new coat of paint

Now cmon one night stands are great, the looks first. :afro2:

mojoman0 11-30-10 05:02 PM

Considering they have to make the gameplay compatible with consoles, I don't expect anything more than 64 player games, if 48 even