nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New BFG Tech 5900U Review (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15778)

Clay 08-01-03 08:19 AM

New BFG Tech 5900U Review

I've put the wraps on my review of the BFG Technologies Asylum™ GeForce™ FX 5900 Ultra here at nV News. Mike will be posting it on the site sometime this coming Sunday (8.3.03) evening.

azanon 08-01-03 10:40 AM

misc

So give us a mini-preview. Does it flicker? Sorry i had to ask.

I just cant get over the flicker thing, and I dont think ive seen it mentioned in one GFFX review yet. I'm not sure i can trust reviews anymore at all cause obviously if you review it bad, then you might not get any more samples.

digitalwanderer 08-01-03 10:42 AM

Re: misc

Quote:

Originally posted by azanon
I'm not sure i can trust reviews anymore at all cause obviously if you review it bad, then you might not get any more samples.
That should not be an influencing factor in telling the truth when judging hardware, it seriously shouldn't. :(

Serious Tom 08-01-03 12:32 PM

I couldn't wait any longer and went ahead and got a eVGA 5900 Ultra, I flashed the card to the performance bios ( 500/900 ) and I have never had one flicker. It must be something, but I haven't had any with a Epox 8RDA................Tom

Clay 08-01-03 03:31 PM

Re: misc

Quote:

Originally posted by azanon
So give us a mini-preview. Does it flicker? Sorry i had to ask.

I just cant get over the flicker thing, and I dont think ive seen it mentioned in one GFFX review yet. I'm not sure i can trust reviews anymore at all cause obviously if you review it bad, then you might not get any more samples.

No problem. No, I did not experience any flickering. Though I know that Volt's Prolink 5900 non Ultra does. I really had no problems at all with this card from BFG.

Also, I ran the entire review with the card clocked at ...

Core Clock: 500
Memory Clock: 926

...and it was rock solid stable.

reever2 08-01-03 05:29 PM

I hope this review doesnt spur any "controversial" issues people have been having lately

SH64 08-01-03 05:35 PM

Re: Re: misc

Quote:

Originally posted by maxpower

...and it was rock solid stable.

i'd like to know which detonator drivers where used in the review & if theres any bechmark difference between them & what drivers do you think works best with 5900 Ultra .

Clay 08-01-03 11:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: misc

Quote:

Originally posted by SH64
i'd like to know which detonator drivers where used in the review & if theres any bechmark difference between them & what drivers do you think works best with 5900 Ultra .
I used the 44.03 drivers. If enough interest I might append review in some select benches with different version(s).

SH64 08-01-03 11:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: misc

Quote:

Originally posted by maxpower
If enough interest I might append review in some select benches with different version(s).

Yeah! that would be cool .

macachia 08-02-03 02:06 AM

hi, does it make a wierd noise when scrolling on ie/mirc, resizing windows, maximizing etc?

it's a faint noise 5900 reported which seems to originate from the card itself (voltage regulation it seems)

thanks

ringu61 08-02-03 03:05 AM

My Leadtek GeForce FX5900 A350 TDH 128MB MyVivo did core:510MHz memory:985MHz

DaNzA 08-02-03 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by macachia
hi, does it make a wierd noise when scrolling on ie/mirc, resizing windows, maximizing etc?

it's a faint noise 5900 reported which seems to originate from the card itself (voltage regulation it seems)

thanks

Wow! I was just about to return my card after I heard those noise... but it only appear when I use analogue audio output on my audigy 2, when I switch to digital DIN output, the noise disappeared :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info