nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Help me choose a new phone (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=158023)

DiscipleDOC 12-16-10 09:43 AM

Help me choose a new phone

As a birthday gift to me, I'm gonna get me a new phone. What should I get?

six_storm 12-16-10 09:59 AM

Re: Help me choose a new phone

1. Get Verizon. AT&T sucks.
2. Right now Droid X is the flagship phone unless you want a physical keyboard, you can get a Droid 2 or Droid Pro.
3. You may want to wait for more 4G phones to be available for VZW. Just sayin.

My Droid 1 is still rocking and I love it.

Q 12-16-10 10:24 AM

I really like my Droid Incredible, but the games really rock on the iPhone. It's the difference, literally, from playing the freeware Linux Distro Games (Android) and playing a PSP or better (iPhone).

The nice thing about Android is that you can SSH tunnel and RDP. And I rarely even do that because I'd have to be VERY desperate to use it in that fashion.

Destroy 12-16-10 10:36 AM

I'm biased towards physical keyboards so any new Android with keyboard should do fine with your provider of choice. You always get 30days to try it out.

That said, I have a Blackberry and love it cause it gets things done quickly via the tons of keyboard shortcuts.

zoomy942 12-16-10 10:38 AM

RAZR2.

I love smartphones, dont get me wrong. but i love saving money more. lower monthly bills ftw.

AthlonXP1800 12-16-10 11:46 AM

Wait for LG Optimus 2X with dual core Tegra 2. :)

Stoneyguy 12-16-10 02:15 PM

I have the Captivate and love it. The GPS on it isn't the best though.

You may want to check out the Samsung Windows 7 phone as well. I forget the name of it, but it looks sweet.

Albo 12-16-10 03:25 PM

Go play with a Windows 7 Phone. I think that'd be the best bet. Either that or the Captivate, IMO. But I'd look at Windows 7, don't rule that out.

Drolfrawd 12-16-10 04:00 PM

just a note of caution, it is my hunch that the windows 7 phones will get badly hacked.
jussayin for precautionary purposes

I got an iphone from my work about a month ago it is really awseome 2 cents.

I will need to give it back in a month and become Drol the foneless.

betterdan 12-16-10 04:54 PM

I have the Vibrant (T Mobile version of the Captivate) and it is nice except the GPS blows almost as much as Oprah's ass after a big pot of pinto beans and mexican cornbread for dinner... almost.
Many times it has reported us driving 100mph on the highway and off a bridge into the ocean. :eek2:

Albo 12-16-10 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterdan (Post 2366116)
Many times it has reported us driving 100mph on the highway and off a bridge into the ocean. :eek2:

:bleh:

Sazar 12-17-10 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC (Post 2365860)
As a birthday gift to me, I'm gonna get me a new phone. What should I get?

What do you want out of it?

:)

That will help determine what would be a great fit for you :)

I got to play with a Venue Pro today at a T-Mobile store (was picking up my stop-gap corporate phone till I get my hands on the VP) and Windows 7 was AWESOME. But, I personally use an iPhone 4. Both products are great but both are "polished" differently.