nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Console World (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ***Official LittleBigPlanet 2 Feedback Thread*** (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=158829)

Snake101st 01-17-11 10:55 PM

***Official LittleBigPlanet 2 Feedback Thread***

It is an absolute crime that no one is talking about the sequel to one of the best PS3 games, which is coming out tomorrow.

I love LittleBigPlanet, so I hope this thread spreads a bit of awareness and lets people talk about the game and whatever cool level they played recently.

I suck at making threads with pretty pictures and videos, so if someone wants to make a new one; go for it!

ViN86 01-17-11 10:56 PM

Re: ***Official LittleBigPlanet 2 Feedback Thread***

I heard about it on the radio today and it sounded like it already came out. I loved the first one in coop mode. Can't wait to see what people say about the second. :)

Madpistol 01-17-11 11:09 PM

The second one is supposed to surpass the first one as a sandbox platform game. I really hope it lives up to expectations. I need some more LBP action! :D

Snake101st 01-17-11 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViN86 (Post 2379243)
I heard about it on the radio today and it sounded like it already came out. I loved the first one in coop mode. Can't wait to see what people say about the second. :)

It has a 92 on Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...tlebigplanet-2

Everything Ive heard about the beta makes it seem like the levels that people make take the game from awesome to mind-blowing... the creativity of dedicated and talented people + almost limitless possibilities can't be a bad thing! :D

Mr. Hunt 01-18-11 01:10 AM

Going to get it in the morning. Since kids have the day off from school apparently, I'm going to be playing it all day with my nephew probably. I will be insane before the day is over because he thinks everything is a freaking race and I foresee MANY failed levels :(.

Q 01-18-11 08:29 AM

It's in the mail from TEH AMAZON. Got the collectors edition, but can't open it until... ever. My WIFE can open it on her birthday on February 2nd though.

:)

Mr. Hunt 01-18-11 05:13 PM

Played it some. AWESOME GAME! Going to be playing more in a bit. YAYYYYY!

Snake101st 01-20-11 12:20 AM

Yeah it's reaaally fun! Easily the most fun I've had with friends with a console game since... I dont know when!

This game is really at its best with a room full of friends. it's fun alone, but you just can't compare.

I haven't found any community levels made for LBP2 yet (only LBP1 levels, which you can still play), but I'm sure they'll start popping up and be crazy good like the beta levels (or so I heard).

Check out the game and gather some friends, everyone! I definitely recommend it. :D

Lyme 01-20-11 12:28 AM

The review over at ArsT says it is basically more of the same, as I liked number one I picked this one up too.

Snake101st 01-20-11 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyme (Post 2380333)
The review over at ArsT says it is basically more of the same, as I liked number one I picked this one up too.

Hm, idk if I agree with that, I find it to be much more of a finished product instead of just a great idea with decent levels. It seems like way more work has gone in to the levels, look/presentation of the game, and making the levels more varied with ridiculous potential for the community to make great stuff.

Arrowhead 01-21-11 06:04 PM

Anyone who says this is more of the same, has no freaking idea what they are talking about...

The tools they are giving people in create, hold so much more potential for the community who we all know will deliver. We are going to start seeing levels completely different from the base game with perhaps even higher quality levels, voice acting, deep stories, tweaked gameplay, etc. The imagination and talent of the designers are really the only limits now.

Lyme 01-21-11 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrowhead (Post 2381320)
Anyone who says this is more of the same, has no freaking idea what they are talking about...

Watched my son play it for a bit, more polished but very much more of the same. Do note that the previous one was really quite good and so more of the same doesn't hold a negative connotation in this case.