nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Tapatalk (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=159256)

snowmanwithahat 01-31-11 10:50 PM

Tapatalk
 
I'm glad you guys have support for this app... I saw (many) threads previously on [H]forum about it and they had all been closed down basically with no reason except "we have too much pride in our mobile site"

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1582088

I thought it was a bit ridiculous that it ended with "no one has convinced me its better" and then the thread gets closed.

I'm pretty damn unimpressed with the way things are handled over there.

Bearclaw 01-31-11 11:07 PM

Ya. MikeC rules. :)

And ya, Kyle over at H is a complete dick. I got banned after 6 posts for no apparent reason. Lol. Glad I did. That place sucks.

snowmanwithahat 01-31-11 11:41 PM

Re: Tapatalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2385879)
Ya. MikeC rules. :)

And ya, Kyle over at H is a complete dick. I got banned after 6 posts for no apparent reason. Lol. Glad I did. That place sucks.

Yeh he definitely is, it's just unfortunate that it has such an active FS forum. I have actually bought quite a bit of my stuff over there.

He reminds me a lot of my uncle from Texas... complete simpleton who is too stubborn to listen to any viewpoint but his own. (no offense to you Texans, this is just how my uncle is)

Bman212121 02-01-11 08:54 PM

Re: Tapatalk
 
It's gotten a lot better than when it first came out. I used to have more issues with server not found, but those seem to happen less now. Make sure you do auto update as there are a decent amount of updates. The other thing that's nice is it can now function over wifi. So if you have an access point you can still use the app even if you don't have phone coverage.

Bearclaw 02-01-11 09:16 PM

Re: Tapatalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bman212121 (Post 2386239)
It's gotten a lot better than when it first came out. I used to have more issues with server not found, but those seem to happen less now. Make sure you do auto update as there are a decent amount of updates. The other thing that's nice is it can now function over wifi. So if you have an access point you can still use the app even if you don't have phone coverage.

Yes, it has gotten MUCH better. It's a fantastic app. :)

zoomy942 02-02-11 12:29 AM

I'm using it on my iPod touch and it's awesome.

Sazar 02-02-11 12:46 AM

Re: Tapatalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat (Post 2385865)
I'm glad you guys have support for this app... I saw (many) threads previously on [H]forum about it and they had all been closed down basically with no reason except "we have too much pride in our mobile site"

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1582088

I thought it was a bit ridiculous that it ended with "no one has convinced me its better" and then the thread gets closed.

I'm pretty damn unimpressed with the way things are handled over there.

Kyle's not going to win any popularity awards, but it is his site and that's that.

ViN86 02-02-11 09:49 AM

Re: Tapatalk
 
Wow, what an open ended discussion over there. :headexplode:

Tapatalk is WAYYYY better than mobile versions. It's faster, it cuts out a lot of the ****, and it doesnt require much overhead on your phone, which is always a good thing.

Maverick123w 02-02-11 10:16 AM

Re: Tapatalk
 
Kinds off topic here, but I can tell Kyle's a retard for having a 6TB Raid-0 array for storage :headexplode:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.