nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   CPUs, Motherboards And Memory (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Need a new motherboard (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=159402)

jcrox 02-05-11 02:41 PM

Need a new motherboard
 
EVGA is out. I've had too many that have died in under 6 months and I'm not buying another. This last one took one of my 570s with it on it's way out :(

Which would you pick from the following?

MSI X58 Pro-E
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UDR3
ASUS P6X58D-E
ASUS P6X58D Premium (wondering if there's really anything to make it worth the extra money over the -E version?)

bob saget 02-05-11 02:53 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
The UD3 is a popular choice imo. It was popular with X58 when they first came out, not sure how good the "refresh" is.

grey_1 02-05-11 03:15 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrox (Post 2387926)
EVGA is out. I've had too many that have died in under 6 months and I'm not buying another. This last one took one of my 570s with it on it's way out :(

Which would you pick from the following?

MSI X58 Pro-E
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UDR3
ASUS P6X58D-E
ASUS P6X58D Premium (wondering if there's really anything to make it worth the extra money over the -E version?)

Wow, sorry to hear that :(

You should be able to RMA the 570?

ViN86 02-05-11 03:41 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
I'd recommend the Asus X58 Sabertooth, but if you're using SLI, it's not a good choice because the PCIe configuration isn't ideal for that.

jcrox 02-05-11 04:30 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
Yes, I can thankfully RMA the dead card.

Dollar for dollar the Sabertooth looks like a great board and I think I'm going to grab one. I ditched the 3D set up due to headaches so hopefully one 570 will meet my gaming needs and I can sell the 2nd one. That'll give me enough wiggle room to grab the Klipsch surround sound that I want without the wife attempting to chop off body parts :D

Thanks for the idea Vin!

grey_1 02-05-11 04:38 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrox (Post 2387973)
Yes, I can thankfully RMA the dead card.

Dollar for dollar the Sabertooth looks like a great board and I think I'm going to grab one. I ditched the 3D set up due to headaches so hopefully one 570 will meet my gaming needs and I can sell the 2nd one. That'll give me enough wiggle room to grab the Klipsch surround sound that I want without the wife attempting to chop off body parts :D

Thanks for the idea Vin!

Doing the same. :o

Glad you can replace the card.

Redeemed 02-05-11 04:43 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_1 (Post 2387976)
Doing the same. :o

Glad you can replace the card.

You're ditching 3D??? :bugeyes:

Don't let tRollo find out... :p

I know a lot mock 'em, but I'm loving my Intel x58 based mobo. :)

grey_1 02-05-11 04:46 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 2387977)
You're ditching 3D??? :bugeyes:

Yeah, just like jcrox said, getting headaches while using it.
Quote:

Don't let tRollo find out... :p
Who? ;)

jcrox 02-05-11 04:48 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 2387977)
You're ditching 3D??? :bugeyes:

Don't let tRollo find out... :p

I know a lot mock 'em, but I'm loving my Intel x58 based mobo. :)

Have you tried any over clocking with that board? I personally haven't heard of anyone have any issues with the Intel branded boards other than some instances where a person gets X over clock on the Intel board and then using the same chip is able to get much higher speeds on ASUS or some other brand. I do like running at 4.2GHz

Redeemed 02-05-11 05:01 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_1 (Post 2387978)
Yeah, just like jcrox said, getting headaches while using it.

Who? ;)

Yeah- that's my impression with 3D as well, be it movies or games.

I think the technology has potential, but just needs to improve drastically. Every movie I've seen in 3D has given me headaches and I've wound up watching it without the glasses when I've seen the 3D in theaters.

:lol: Yes, ";)" indeed. :)

Redeemed 02-05-11 05:02 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrox (Post 2387979)
Have you tried any over clocking with that board? I personally haven't heard of anyone have any issues with the Intel branded boards other than some instances where a person gets X over clock on the Intel board and then using the same chip is able to get much higher speeds on ASUS or some other brand. I do like running at 4.2GHz

No, haven't tried oc'ing mostly cause I've not felt a need to. Might attempt OC'ing my 5770 just for kicks, but this 920 is already way faster than what I need. :p :lol:

grey_1 02-06-11 06:26 PM

Re: Need a new motherboard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 2387997)
Time for some IPS glory then :)

:lol:

Maybe :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.