nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   iPad 2 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=160208)

Bearclaw 03-02-11 12:35 PM

iPad 2

A lot of people are asking about tablets, etc. We have a few threads on other ones that just debuted so I made this one as well. It's being previewed now with a release date of March 11.

http://live.gizmodo.com/

Main points thus far:
Dual-core A5 processor, which is "up to two times faster".
Same low power consumption as the A4.
The graphics have been improved too. Exact GPU unknown right now. Apple is claiming "nine times faster".
Built-in cameras for photos and video: One for frontal FaceTime videoconferencing and one on the back.
It also has a built-in gyroscope, like the iPhone.
New cases put it to sleep, wake it up, etc.
HDMI out with accessory cable. Supports 1080p.
Ships with iOS 4.3.

Same price at $499.

six_storm 03-02-11 12:44 PM

Re: iPad 2

iPad2 looks pretty good so far. And it's still $500! If only the Xoom was $500 . . .

Revs 03-02-11 12:54 PM

Still won't do Flash?

Bearclaw 03-02-11 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revs (Post 2399361)
Still won't do Flash?

Correct, no flash.

I'm glad. I can't stand flash. Any important website offers a non-flash version anyway.

|MaguS| 03-02-11 12:55 PM

Anyone wana buy an iPad?

ViN86 03-02-11 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2399364)
Correct, no flash.

I'm glad. I can't stand flash. Any important website offers a non-flash version anyway.

:confused:

So? It's still the dominant media format on the Internet. They should at least support it.

Bearclaw 03-02-11 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViN86 (Post 2399366)
:confused:

So? It's still the dominant media format on the Internet. They should at least support it.

No denying that but I can't stand it. Like I said, any professional website that I need to access has a second flash-less/mobile version.

And, c'mon vin -Since when has Apple sided with mainstream? :lol: They used crappy firewire for all those years.

ViN86 03-02-11 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2399368)
No denying that but I can't stand it. Like I said, any professional website that I need to access has a second flash-less/mobile version.

And, c'mon vin -Since when has Apple sided with mainstream? :lol: They used crappy firewire for all those years.

Never because they're so much "smarter" :lol:

It's amazing they still compete with Android, though, considering Android has so much more freedom and support.

iPad 2 looks pretty nice, though. And the price is pretty nice for the hardware. Not a bad job by Apple. Now if they could only fix that gimped iOS.

Revs 03-02-11 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2399364)
Correct, no flash.

BBC News still uses Flash. Several other sites I use do too. It's the only reason I've move away from Apple products cos I like them otherwise. The iPad 2 looks great value. I've had a go with my mates iPad and it's nice to use.

Bearclaw 03-02-11 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViN86 (Post 2399369)
Never because they're so much "smarter" :lol:

It's amazing they still compete with Android, though, considering Android has so much more freedom and support.

iPad 2 looks pretty nice, though. And the price is pretty nice for the hardware. Not a bad job by Apple. Now if they could only fix that gimped iOS.

:lol:

I think the biggest issue is a two-fold issue.

1 - "Apple hype machine" How many other companies can create the hype Apple can? Not a lot.

2 - People who get the iPad (Like my dad for example) just want it to work. They could care less about freedom, etc. That's why they do it.

Also - I'm not touting Apple iPad as being all-awesome. It has huge flaws, certainly. But again, for common people who don't know what technology is, they see this and go for it, I think.

Airbrushkid 03-02-11 01:06 PM

As of yet no flash on Xoom either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revs (Post 2399361)
Still won't do Flash?

six_storm 03-02-11 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2399372)
:lol:

I think the biggest issue is a two-fold issue.

1 - "Apple hype machine" How many other companies can create the hype Apple can? Not a lot.

2 - People who get the iPad (Like my dad for example) just want it to work. They could care less about freedom, etc. That's why they do it.

Also - I'm not touting Apple iPad as being all-awesome. It has huge flaws, certainly. But again, for common people who don't know what technology is, they see this and go for it, I think.

I agree. Most people who buys anything tech just wants it to work and Apple does a very good job of this right out of the box.

The iPad2 does look really sweet but I have no use for one TBH. Maybe my wife will want to buy one after she gets her MBP.