nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I think my GTX 570 starting to fail, getting a lot of artifacts lately. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=160447)

JonZ 03-10-11 10:36 AM

I think my GTX 570 starting to fail, getting a lot of artifacts lately.

I'm Playing TDU2, and I get huge polygon spikes when I roam near mountains, I can also see them in the mini map. Ran 3D mark 11, and I'm getting greet bars artifacts sometimes. I run Kombustion MSI, it crash on the flag test, and when I pass it, I am getting spike/bars artifacts on the test starting at 63%

I did not oced the card since my purchase 3 months ago. I did tried to max the fan with Precision, nothing. I tried to downclock everything a bit, still problems.

RMA time?

EVGA GTX570

Bah! 03-10-11 03:09 PM

Re: I think my GTX 570 starting to fail, getting a lot of artifacts lately.

There is some weird issue with 580's and artifacts, that some people are experiencing, that goes away with a full power drain of the system. I don't know if it applies to 570's as well, but it's worth giving it a shot.

Otherwise, I'd say it's RMA time. Hell, I'd RMA it anyway, even if my answer works.

Roliath 03-10-11 04:42 PM

rma it before it fails completely

Vasot02 03-10-11 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonZ (Post 2402946)
I'm Playing TDU2, and I get huge polygon spikes when I roam near mountains, I can also see them in the mini map. Ran 3D mark 11, and I'm getting greet bars artifacts sometimes. I run Kombustion MSI, it crash on the flag test, and when I pass it, I am getting spike/bars artifacts on the test starting at 63%

I did not oced the card since my purchase 3 months ago. I did tried to max the fan with Precision, nothing. I tried to downclock everything a bit, still problems.

RMA time?

EVGA GTX570

I am not sure but I have a similar problem like you with TDU2 and my Sparkle GTX570

In all other games that i am having i am not experiencing anything like this...
This happens only in TDU2

JonZ 03-10-11 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasot02 (Post 2403113)
I am not sure but I have a similar problem like you with TDU2 and my Sparkle GTX570

In all other games that i am having i am not experiencing anything like this...
This happens only in TDU2

But only lately the problem has worsen, well feels like it. When I had this card, I could run benches without any artifacts. Now I have problems to run them flawlessly. I ran Kombustor today, and I noticed the MSI logo has grown a black spike on it. Random unlucky artifacts? Can't tell.

Is it possible to fill a ticket online? It seems I need to open a ticket to their phone number. My verbal english is a bit rusty and my cellphone is crap :D When I was with ATI it was always a breeze to fill a RMA.

Roadhog 03-10-11 06:15 PM

file an RMA with EVGA.

Peoples-Agent 03-10-11 11:58 PM

EVGA support always seem pretty good, but sooner you get the RMA filled out, sooner you get your card back.

JonZ 03-11-11 12:35 AM

I am going to test this card on my other computer for curiosity. Evga will probably ask me to test every scenarios?

If I get artifact with Kombustor (test starting at 63%). If it doesn't do artifact, what will it mean??

I'll post the result Saturday.

JonZ 03-20-11 08:20 PM

ok that was weird. I had time to look at the issue, so I opened the case again. I ran a memtest, nothing bad here. Dust off the interior, push the gpx card a bit to make sure it contact well. Since I didn't have any errors, I came back going benches and TDU2. Artifacts are gone :confused::confused: Been 3-4 days since and did not reproduced the weird crashes and spikes I had. Looks like some bad contact was the culprit... totally got me by surprise here. Hope it not a lucky bubble.

Peoples-Agent 03-22-11 07:59 AM

I've just had to RMA one of my 570 Twin Frozrs, they shipped with clocks of 786 / 1050 / 1572 but with only enough voltage for 750 / 1000 / 1500 (which is the correct spec)

Worth checking the bios version using GPU-Z and post on the EVGA forums.

JonZ 03-24-11 01:09 AM

but since my last post, seems I don't have to RMA the card. Looks like everything works and no artifacts whatsoever. Touching wood.

DarkOneX 05-01-11 02:38 AM

Had the same artifacting issue start in on my GTX 570 on Thursday. Ended up swapping the card back into my old PC and put the GTX 285 I had in there in this new PC and oddly everything was fine on both machines. Moved everything back Friday and so far it's been fine so not sure, thinking maybe it had became slightly unseated or something.