nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tribes: Ascend (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=160502)

JohnDio 03-11-11 11:08 AM

Tribes: Ascend

Woooooooohoo. Great news for those of us that have been waiting for a sequel to Tribes :D

Hi-Rez Studios announces Tribes: Ascend + Debut Trailer

Quote:

We know that lots of people were waiting patiently for a new Tribes game. Hi-Rez Studios released an announcement trailer for Tribes: Ascend, proclaiming the return of the sci-fi, online multi-player shooter franchise Tribes.

The Tribes collection of games have been played by well over 1 million people.
Tribes: Ascend, developed using the Unreal 3 engine, is being positioned as the multi-player successor to the much lauded Tribes 2 and a re-introduction of the franchise to the gaming world.

Hi-Rez Studios acquired Tribes in October, 2010 and revealed plans to develop a massive scale, persistent world shooter called Tribes Universe. Today’s announcement confirms that long-term franchise strategy, but Hi-Rez has chosen to first deliver the single-purchase, digital download Tribes: Ascend this calendar year.

“Before Halo, before Modern Warfare, and before Battlefield, there was Tribes.”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. “Tribes fans appreciate the game’s essence - athletic FPS combat combined with teamwork and strategy. As we began development of Tribes Universe, we focused first on capturing that essence – refining and modernizing iconic elements like jetpacks, skiing, and vehicles. We’ve had tremendous fun play-testing and realized the potential of a multiplayer focused title ahead of Tribes Universe. The community has been waiting for a multi-player shooter that is the modern successor to T2. Tribes: Ascend is that game.”

Tribes: Ascend is targeted for release in late 2011 as a digital download on Windows PC and the Xbox 360. Additional platforms are currently under consideration as well.

|MaguS| 03-11-11 11:48 AM

Re: Tribes: Ascend

Not excited at all... why are they following up with Tribes 2, make it more like Tribes 1. I don't trust them to be able to make a a good Tribes games, I mean they made Global Agenda...

Euphoria 03-11-11 01:01 PM

Yep Tribes 1 was way better than Tribes 2....

HiCZoK4 03-11-11 02:13 PM

I hope it will have sp as Tribes vengeance had. Vengeance was one of best fps I played back then.

|MaguS| 03-11-11 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 (Post 2403664)
I hope it will have sp as Tribes vengeance had. Vengeance was one of best fps I played back then.

Then you are an idiot. Tribes:V was horrible on all parts.

HiCZoK4 03-12-11 02:12 AM

So I am an idiot becouse I liked the game and You didnt? So maybe You are an idiot, becouse off all I know,it had good reviews and My friends also liked it, So You are in the smaller haters group :bleh:

Mr. Hunt 03-12-11 02:33 AM

I never understood the hype around Tribes. I played 1 and 2 and was never entertained :\.

K007 03-12-11 02:44 AM

lol crysis style intro

never got into the tribes series....

robertjain19184 03-12-11 03:02 AM

Great thread.

JohnEJohn 03-12-11 03:54 AM

Give me a tribes 1 remake with the renegades mod and proper skiing.

Best...game....Ever!

Please none of the tribes 2 crap, it felt so sluggish in comparison :thumbdwn:

|MaguS| 03-12-11 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 (Post 2403860)
So I am an idiot becouse I liked the game and You didnt? So maybe You are an idiot, becouse off all I know,it had good reviews and My friends also liked it, So You are in the smaller haters group :bleh:

No Tribes fan liked Tribes:V. It felt more UT then Tribes. It felt slow and clunky vs how Tribes felt. The MP portion (which is the reason to play tribes) was just bad as well.

I still to this day have Tribes 1 installed.

HiCZoK4 03-12-11 10:02 AM

I never played Other Tribes than vengeance so ....