nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Networking And Security (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   PC loses connection ever 20 minutes? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=160749)

Albo 03-18-11 07:18 PM

PC loses connection ever 20 minutes?

Hey guys. So I start up my pc, and about 30 minutes later it randomly loses connection and says that no Internet connection available. Then after about 10 minutes of no Internet, It starts up again. Then it will go out sooner this time. And so on. If I change the adapter settings to wifi, it's the same thing. The problem is that there is still Internet. My iPod I working fine. My parents still continue to stream. But my pc will not go online. It gives the yield sign and no Internet.

Any help? Tia.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Runningman 03-18-11 08:58 PM

Re: PC loses connection ever 20 minutes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albo (Post 2407196)
Hey guys. So I start up my pc, and about 30 minutes later it randomly loses connection and says that no Internet connection available. Then after about 10 minutes of no Internet, It starts up again. Then it will go out sooner this time. And so on. If I change the adapter settings to wifi, it's the same thing. The problem is that there is still Internet. My iPod I working fine. My parents still continue to stream. But my pc will not go online. It gives the yield sign and no Internet.

Any help? Tia.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Did you check for any driver updates? what kind of wifi is this? what kind of router? are there any near by routers that may interfear with your connection, if so did you try to change the channels of your router?

Albo 03-18-11 10:48 PM

I just did a driver update, and there was a yield sign down there, but it continued to work. I'll continue using it for a while and see.

Thanks!

betterdan 03-19-11 12:59 AM

A yield sign? :wtf:

ViN86 03-19-11 09:54 AM

Yes what do you mean? It says no Internet Connectivity or what?

Bearclaw 03-19-11 01:55 PM

VIn - My computer has a DD Xing Sign. What to do?

betterdan 03-19-11 02:28 PM

My internets is slow. I keep getting a no speeding sign pop up. :(

Please be kind and rewind.

Albo 03-19-11 03:03 PM

Everysite works except for youtube. That site is so slow lately? Just me?

Also, I meant that it has like a yellow triangle where the cord usually is on the windows 7 internet icon.

nekrosoft13 03-19-11 10:46 PM

yellow triangle? post screenshots because no one knows what you mean.

Bearclaw 03-20-11 12:02 AM

He means this symbol:

http://www.infosysblogs.com/microsof...t%20Access.png

Albo 03-20-11 09:30 AM

That's exactly it, thanks bearclaw.

Anyways, now a lot of sites are slow. Youtube won't stream AT ALL. (I updated flash, closed adblock, had javascript enabled just as it was, stopped other connections) But still no video. It does the circle thing, then it says cannot load video, an error occurred) I have no idea what is wrong. The laptop works fine, the other desktop is good. Just this PC. And the thing is, that I haven't changed a single thing the past week. No updates (except for the internet adapter drivers ones I did after the problem started).

Now I'm only on the ethernet cord adapter, and its working fine except sites are slow, and youtube won't load at all.

EDIT
Actually, after posting this I tried youtube again and it worked. I tried another video and it wouldn't even search. This is so strange.

betterdan 03-20-11 11:59 AM

It's probably that awful music video you were watching screwing everything up.