nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Software (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Firefox 4.0 Final released (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=160808)

DSC 03-21-11 07:01 AM

Firefox 4.0 Final released

Mozilla has finally released Firefox 4.0 Final.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/

AthlonXP1800 03-21-11 02:54 PM

Re: Firefox 4.0 Final released

Wow good find, I downloaded and installed 1 day earlier. Everything fixed and worked fine than RC2 which breaked Flash player. :D

Oh and all the addons not compatible with 4.0 so need to wait for addons updates.

ATOJAR 03-21-11 03:16 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Just installed it ... One thing ive noticed straight away is its damn fast, A lot faster than the latest none beta 3.6 i was using before this. :)

Albo 03-21-11 06:30 PM

Hey, just downloaded and installed this. Am liking it so far, it fixed the youtube problem I was having.

But um, how can I change the text? It seems different than what it was in Firefox 3.6 It seems "thinner" and this is the basic text. Any help getting it how it was?

AthlonXP1800 03-21-11 08:02 PM

Well here go again, I am baffled at guys complainted about fonts seemed different but I checked to compared Firefox 4 final version with old Firefox 3.6.15 on VMWare but the fonts on this thread all looked about the same.

If you are not happy with this site's own fonts then you can change the fonts and sizes you want through Firefox option's content tab and unticked "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above" in Fonts & Colours advanced box button.

Bah! 03-21-11 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800 (Post 2408425)
Well here go again, I am baffled at guys complainted about fonts seemed different but I checked to compared Firefox 4 final version with old Firefox 3.6.15 on VMWare but the fonts on this thread all looked about the same.

If you are not happy with this site's own fonts then you can change the fonts and sizes you want through Firefox option's content tab and unticked "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above" in Fonts & Colours advanced box button.

They most certainly are not the same. Firefox 4 uses hardware acceleration which makes the text look blurry and just basically bad. I just installed FF4 and the first thing I noticed is how bad all the text looked. A quick Google of "Firefox 4 blurry text" comes up with a ton of results saying the same thing.

Luckily, you don't need to change the sites fonts, just go into Options/Advanced and untick "Use hardware acceleration when available".

Albo 03-21-11 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bah! (Post 2408448)
They most certainly are not the same. Firefox 4 uses hardware acceleration which makes the text look blurry and just basically bad. I just installed FF4 and the first thing I noticed is how bad all the text looked. A quick Google of "Firefox 4 blurry text" comes up with a ton of results saying the same thing.

Luckily, you don't need to change the sites fonts, just go into Options/Advanced and untick "Use hardware acceleration when available".

I did, but it still looks the same. Maybe I got used to the other one now. It still looks thinner, i'll google, thanks!

jlippo 03-22-11 02:17 AM

Seems like it broke the update scanner, otherwise seems to work..

K007 03-22-11 03:32 AM

i've been using chrome for ages now...but ff 4.0 is making me think about going back to it

supra 03-22-11 03:49 AM

diggin the grouped tabs feature :D

Airbrushkid 03-22-11 04:29 AM

What's so different about 4.0 then 3.6? I have had no problems with firefox at all. Watch YouTube everyday. Come to nvnews everyday. And always fast so why change?

Q 03-22-11 07:39 AM

Firefox 4 is fairly solid. It's MUCH faster, Airbrush. Also, the UI is much better. The new fonts (AA?) aren't that bad and most look exactly the same.