Hi, juz got my RH9 installed. Here are some questions I've:
- how to check which kernel ver I have?
- where to download the kernel upgrade for linux nforce unified driver for RH9 kernel upgrade?
- how to change the default boot on GRUB?
- how to mount ntfs?
Re: Newbie questions
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.0-test2-ck #1 Fri Aug 1 20:40:08 EST 2003 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
In this case my kernel is 2.6.0-test2-ck
3. as root type vim /etc/grub.conf then change default=0 to default=1 if u want the second entry is the default one.
4. Compile ur the kernel with ntfs support (Read only operation is save for now) and :
- mkdir /mnt/ntfs
- as root, vim /etc/fstab
- /dev/hda1 /mnt/ntfs ntfs defaults 0 0
*where hda is ur first IDE harddisk and 1 is the first partition on ur first IDE harddisk
Hope this help
Sorry, my 2nd question meant where to download the kernel upgrade not the linux RH9 nforce unified driver. Thx for the reply anyway...
I went to this URL, which one should I download if I'm using RH9 and a AMD XP system?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.