nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tired of Gaming (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=161509)

Retrolock 04-14-11 02:33 AM

Tired of Gaming

Ever felt that you got so tired of gaming? I'm at that point right now. New PC or console games just don't interest me anymore.

So do you have to motivate yourself now guys? Like how bob motivates pepis? (nana2)

Seriously, I just upgraded.

bob saget 04-14-11 02:46 AM

Re: Tired of Gaming

Like most hobbies, you kindda go through cycles of interest and periods of not so much interest. Kindda like when doc doesn't respond to my txt messages one day, and the next day he is like an animal :bleh: find a game that gives you particular pleasure :bleh: for me, it's Hello Kitty with Cinematic Nude Mod 7.

Portal 2 should be a blast if you've got that one...

wysiwyg 04-14-11 04:35 AM

yes, i bought a 50" plasma for BD films for times like these, and started sailing

at 35 years old i am not as addicted to games as i used to be a couple of years ago and go though phases of getting bored quickly. I have not played BC2 or BC vietnam for about 2 months now due to the boredom i feel playing that game

grey_1 04-14-11 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrolock (Post 2418223)
Ever felt that you got so tired of gaming? I'm at that point right now. New PC or console games just don't interest me anymore.
So do you have to motivate yourself now guys? Like how bob motivates pepis? (nana2)

Seriously, I just upgraded.

I'm just rolling with it. Actually parting out my rig, a good deal of it's gone already. Granted it's mostly due to not having much spare time to game, but there's really nothing new interesting me lately.

I think DS2 is the only game I really enjoyed recently, Crysis 2, Portal 2, the new Batman coming out...I just don't seem to be interested.

Gimme a few months when things slow down this next winter though. I'll wind up building another rig and getting all these games for cheap. :)

Yaboze 04-14-11 08:12 AM

I'm kinda bored of games right now myself, but I am enjoying Crysis 2, it really surprised me, it's really good (IMHO). Don't laugh.

For some reason I'm not that interested in Portal 2, I don't know why. I loved the first one. I am actually looking forward to Dungeon Siege 3.

K007 04-14-11 08:20 AM

same boat...

and tbh most games that come out are just not that good as they used to be...and most are squeals that are worse that the first.

very boring atm for me.

Peoples-Agent 04-14-11 08:24 AM

Games are just shoddy lately.

I suggest getting into games you wouldn't normally look at. Something like Shogun 2 will give you hours of entertainment.

mullet 04-14-11 08:51 AM

Lets pray Brink is all they say it is. I have been gaming a long time and it's like a roller coaster ride. I have been though this cycle a lot.

Ninjaman09 04-14-11 09:17 AM

I'm definitely bored of gaming at the moment. I'm enjoying stupid flash games more than multi-million dollar AAA titles these days. Spending $60 a game is getting tiring when they only last a couple of days and multiplayer is just getting dull now.

LurkerLito 04-14-11 09:41 AM

It cyclic for me. I am really into games, movies, TV, books, or etc... usually only 1 or 2 at a time then as I get bored I move to another till I get interested in it again. For me Dragon Age 2 kind of put me off gaming at the moment. I was excited about portal 2 but I have been thinking about canceling the preorder lately.

Sean_W 04-14-11 09:51 AM

Console ports dampened the excitement. I'd like to see more games that push the boundaries like Crysis did. but that's not going to happen thanks to consoles.

Q 04-14-11 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2418299)
Console ports dampened the excitement. I'd like to see more games that push the boundaries like Crysis did. but that's not going to happen thanks to consoles.

Yeah, but people were saying this when Far Cry was released. And when Crysis was released. And before that, probably when the Secret of Monkey Island was released.

My name is Guybrush Threepwood, and I mean to kill you all.