nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=161782)

dikinher 04-21-11 08:30 PM

*Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
http://crymod.com/

Quote:

Hello to all of you.

Here at Crytek we value our community, and we love what you do with our engine. In recent times our focus has been heavily on the development of Crysis 2, however our modding community has been, and remains, very important to us.

So, I wanted to tell you about our plans for supporting you in the future with some really exciting news, which I want to share with you now. Modding with the most powerful game engine is coming back!

We want to see what you guys can do with CryENGINE 3 and we hope we'll be as amazed with the things you create as we have been over the past few years. This time around, we're going to do things in a different way - offering you the right tools to achieve your vision.

First of all, we will be launching an Editor for Crysis 2 early in summer. This will allow you to build new maps, items and more custom content for Crysis 2. For teams looking for even more creative freedom, we have another option: The free CRYENGINE SDK.
Quote:

In August 2011 we will be launching a free CryENGINE SDK. If you want to use it for fun, like all our previous MOD SDKs it will be completely free of charge, to anyone who wants to play with it! You just register, download the SDK with a personalized license key and you're good to go!
Quote:

This will be a complete version of our engine, including C++ code access, our content exporters (including our LiveCreate real-time pipeline), shader code, game sample code from Crysis 2, script samples, new improved Flowgraph and a whole host of great asset examples, which will allow teams to build complete games from scratch for PC.

Soet:
http://i.imgur.com/ktvgr.png

jcrox 04-21-11 08:57 PM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
I for one think they're starting to figure out that without the words "Call of Duty" or "Halo" on the cover of their game they're not going to sell the 7 million copies they're hoping for without some serious, SERIOUS help from PC sales (which apparently account for under 15% of sales so far).

Remove CoD and Halo from consoles and I'd be surprised if FPS games made up 5% of console sales. FPS games on a joystick are like a Ferrari with monster truck tires... so close to being really cool and yet so far away.

I'll LOL if in the end they sell less copies of C2 across all platforms then they did of C1. Who knows though... maybe they will sell another 6,750,000+ copies over the coming months.

Crow_Nest 04-22-11 06:07 AM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
About damn time.

ViN86 04-22-11 07:53 AM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
This is even better than mod tools. It's a complete CryEngine SDK. This will really benefit indie game development.

Looks like CryTek is trying to get their engine out there and popular. It's similar to what Epic did with the Unreal engine.

K007 04-22-11 08:27 AM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
plus it should work with the consoles as well....

we all kno how epic went lol...****ing sell outs -.-

ViN86 04-22-11 08:38 AM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K007 (Post 2422110)
plus it should work with the consoles as well....

we all kno how epic went lol...****ing sell outs -.-

Only a PC fanboy would get free **** and still find a way to complain. :rolleyes:

It's no wonder devs don't give a **** about the platform. It's not worth the headache...

Sean_W 04-22-11 08:50 AM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ViN86 (Post 2422117)
Only a PC fanboy would get free **** and still find a way to complain. :rolleyes:

It's no wonder devs don't give a **** about the platform. It's not worth the headache...

I wish you guys would get it into your head, it's got nothing to do with PC gamers complaining. What's wrong with asking for a higher standard? Just remember who supported such game developers in the first place to get where they are.

Why is it too much to ask to get features out on time for the PC? The PC has a need because of the way it is and forcing consoleness on it just doesn't cut it.

Ancient76 04-22-11 10:02 AM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
Quote:

All the best,



Cevat Yerli

CEO & President of Crytek
Pus*y!

ViN86 04-22-11 11:12 AM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2422122)
I wish you guys would get it into your head, it's got nothing to do with PC gamers complaining. What's wrong with asking for a higher standard? Just remember who supported such game developers in the first place to get where they are.

Why is it too much to ask to get features out on time for the PC? The PC has a need because of the way it is and forcing consoleness on it just doesn't cut it.

What is up with all of you being obsessed with consoles somehow "poisoning" the market? The market is different than it was in the late 90's and early 2000's. The name of the game is to strike while the iron's hot. It's more profitable to release a game earlier and release mod tools and extras later because it requires fewer personnel.

Publishing/developing a game today is completely different from 10 years ago. The market is vastly bigger and the largest percent of sales are on console. It's business, and the PC fanboys take it personal. They don't give a **** about "who supported them" and got them to "where they are". It's a numbers game. And if you were in the position, you'd make the same decision, and if you wouldn't, the share holders would terminate you.

EDIT: few ninja edits in there...

Sean_W 04-22-11 11:55 AM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ViN86 (Post 2422166)
What is up with all of you being obsessed with consoles somehow "poisoning" the market? The market is different than it was in the late 90's and early 2000's. The name of the game is to strike while the iron's hot. It's more profitable to release a game earlier and release mod tools and extras later because it requires fewer personnel.

Publishing/developing a game today is completely different from 10 years ago. The market is vastly bigger and the largest percent of sales are on console. It's business, and the PC fanboys take it personal. They don't give a **** about "who supported them" and got them to "where they are". It's a numbers game. And if you were in the position, you'd make the same decision, and if you wouldn't, the share holders would terminate you.

It maybe business but it doesn't take much to make a few changes for the PC version. Keep saying that it's just a business for defending poor console ports. It doesn't make it true. Developers have to spend money on PC patches when they could have spend a little extra time on the PC version on release.

It's about choosing their time and has nothing to do with money. If you look at patches for the PC after the release you'll see game like GTA IV, UT3 get loads of patches and they could have been spent making it right in the first place. Your argument falls flat on it's face if you take BF3 as an example and also, a lot of businesses don't have share holders.

ViN86 04-22-11 12:19 PM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2422179)
It maybe business but it doesn't take much to make a few changes for the PC version. Keep saying that it's just a business for defending poor console ports. It doesn't make it true. Developers have to spend money on PC patches when they could have spend a little extra time on the PC version on release.

Really, it doesn't take much? You may want to rethink that statement.

Quote:

It's about choosing their time and has nothing to do with money. If you look at patches for the PC after the release you'll see game like GTA IV, UT3 get loads of patches and they could have been spent making it right in the first place. Your argument falls flat on it's face if you take BF3 as an example and also, a lot of businesses don't have share holders.
Haha, the patches are released at their pace. They could have 1-2 people working on patches and finish them whenever as opposed to the 5-6 people it would require to get it all fixed by a deadline. Hence why PC patches are few and far between as of late. Anything that doesn't completely break the game is put on a "when it's finished" release schedule.

And the major publishers do have share holders, for example EA and Activision/Blizzard.

Sean_W 04-22-11 12:57 PM

Re: *Breaking News* Crysis 2 editor and CE3 SDK coming
 
No it really does not take much because modders showed just how quickly it can be done. These guys don't get paid and have normal jobs.

It would probably take a few days work for them to whip up a proper in-game config for Crysis 2 for the PC, if that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.