nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=161783)

gulizard 04-21-11 09:59 PM

EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
I ordered my first card from newegg, it worked for a bit, I didn't O/C it once. I did use a patch to make the fan 100, but never put the fan to 100%. It worked for about a month and then started artifacting during windows. I sent it back, cost me 15 bucks because EVGA make you pay for the shipping label now as I am writing this message, its messing up during firefox. It seems to be DX11 related. I bet EVGA will make me send the card back at my own cost, even though I really cannot afford to. This will be the second card. I seriously am considering never buying another EVGA product... This new card played fine the other night for BC2, and tonight it started artifacting real bad during BC2 menu, restarted fix the menu issue, then went in-game it ****ed up in-game this time. Trees were grey, and lines from the gun. Crysis 2 runs fine, again its DX9. Firefox and BC2 are fubared. Can barely seem to type this, the txt keeps flickering...

bob saget 04-21-11 10:03 PM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
have you tried evga forums?

gulizard 04-21-11 10:25 PM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
I tried all over... no one knows why they do this crap. Its getting a tad bit old. I doubt i'll be making any more purchases from EVGA unless they can do something about this crap. I mean I literally have had this card maybe 2 weeks... and used to game maybe twice. I haven't o/ced it once.

Roadhog 04-21-11 10:25 PM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
I would make EVGA pay shipping and refund you for the first time.

gulizard 04-21-11 10:29 PM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
I hope they will just pay for the shipping this time. I paid 15 bucks the last time, and got it back for this to happen. What is sad is there is people who are O/Cing these cards and frying them, I haven't even O/ced mine. I have precision installed, but only to monitor the temp. Card is currently idle at 44c as I write this. The minute I put something involving flash on the screen my text flickers, and it artifacts. Earlier when I posted, I used the full post thing rather then the quick reply function that I can now, and the flashing emoticons were causing my screen to artifact... Also while browsing facebook 10 minutes ago, my screen went black, and I got a message telling me my nvidia display drive had crashed, and had recovered... I tried re-seating the card, tried swapping the monitor the other dvi port. None of which fix the issue.

Rollo 04-22-11 06:02 PM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gulizard (Post 2421985)
I ordered my first card from newegg, it worked for a bit, I didn't O/C it once. I did use a patch to make the fan 100, but never put the fan to 100%. It worked for about a month and then started artifacting during windows. I sent it back, cost me 15 bucks because EVGA make you pay for the shipping label now as I am writing this message, its messing up during firefox. It seems to be DX11 related. I bet EVGA will make me send the card back at my own cost, even though I really cannot afford to. This will be the second card. I seriously am considering never buying another EVGA product... This new card played fine the other night for BC2, and tonight it started artifacting real bad during BC2 menu, restarted fix the menu issue, then went in-game it ****ed up in-game this time. Trees were grey, and lines from the gun. Crysis 2 runs fine, again its DX9. Firefox and BC2 are fubared. Can barely seem to type this, the txt keeps flickering...

Try restoring defaults on that 780i and running everything at stock. I'd put the cause more likely on something else in your system than the two 570s were bad. The 780i board is sort of vintage, and they weren't exactly known for their longevity OCd.

DiscipleDOC 04-22-11 09:53 PM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
I have two evga 570's and they are working fine for me....

tweaked 04-22-11 10:42 PM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
the 780i is likely the issue. unstable voltage BBQ'ing the cards.

gulizard 04-22-11 11:49 PM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
Well I unplugged the cables, and power source. Like I read on a forum, apparently this is a bug or something? A few select people have to do this every month? I lowered my voltage back down anyway. My issue with artifacting is gone thus far. I honestly doubt its this board doing anything to this card, as my 470 from pny worked fine, with no issue. I sold it to a friend and got the 570. Which is giving me loads of issues...

Rollo 04-23-11 04:36 AM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweaked (Post 2422493)
the 780i is likely the issue. unstable voltage BBQ'ing the cards.

Years of OCing that 780i have likely damaged it. I can remember a fair amount of posts on the NVIDIA forums where people had their 680 and 780 boards die or flake out after over volting them.

I have a 980a in my secondary rig now and have owned around half a dozen 680s and 780s with no issues, but I never over volted them.

My guess here is the 570s are more sensitive to the unstable voltage than the 470 was for some reason, the odds the OP got two defective 570s are pretty astronomically small.

john19055 04-28-11 12:18 AM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
I have a 680i SLI with my Q6600 in it and it has always ben overclocked from day one and never had any problems.But I would set everthing to default with a new card just to rule that out.

Rollo 04-28-11 07:05 AM

Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by john19055 (Post 2424765)
I have a 680i SLI with my Q6600 in it and it has always ben overclocked from day one and never had any problems.But I would set everthing to default with a new card just to rule that out.

YMMV with all OCs.

My point was that to actually get two defective cards from any company is "winning the lottery" or "getting struck by lightning" odds. Something else is the problem here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.