nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   These Forums need a console gaming area (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16217)

ChrisRay 08-09-03 09:44 PM

These Forums need a console gaming area

They do. I always enjoy reading about Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft/Sega ;)

Just something I think would improve the overall quality of these forums.

that is all :angel2:

saturnotaku 08-09-03 10:05 PM

We had a console forum back in the days before the hack. Hardly got any use.

ChrisRay 08-09-03 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saturnotaku
We had a console forum back in the days before the hack. Hardly got any use.
The Hack? :confused:

fastguy94416 08-09-03 11:24 PM

It was on my birthday last year. *sniff* I lose my entire post count, and have since been too lazy to keep up with the crazy people here.

StealthHawk 08-09-03 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisRay
The Hack? :confused:
Yes. Notice how there are no posts before late July 2002 and no members registered before that date either ;) nV News was hacked last year, and the forums were wiped, as there was no backup and the hosting company wouldn't retrieve the information because of the site hack.

ChrisRay 08-10-03 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StealthHawk
Yes. Notice how there are no posts before late July 2002 and no members registered before that date either ;) nV News was hacked last year, and the forums were wiped, as there was no backup and the hosting company wouldn't retrieve the information because of the site hack.
gotcha, anyway, I still stand by wanting a Console Game forum. Rage3d has one and its the more interesting part of that site ;)

Johnmcl7 08-10-03 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisRay
gotcha, anyway, I still stand by wanting a Console Game forum. Rage3d has one and its the more interesting part of that site ;)
I was going to say the rage3d console forum is proof that this forum doesn't need such a section. It's never been great, but it's gone downhill recently, most threads rapidly degenerate into flamewares making that part of the forum next to useless.

John

vampireuk 08-10-03 11:15 AM

We could do a sub forum in the gaming area if the demand is big enough...

Hey JuiceZ!:D

ragejg 08-10-03 11:18 AM

rage3d's thread deterioration has nothing to do with this... It is unfair to make parallels in this situation regarding this. Flamewars here generally are the result of a high level of conviction/intense opinions... not errant jabs due to boredom/lack of focus on the discussion...

I'd sure like a console forum here.

Dark Jedi 08-10-03 11:20 AM

Console forum sounds a great idea to me... I, for oen, would stop by a lot... :)

B&R 08-10-03 11:36 AM

Re: ...

Quote:

Originally posted by ragejg
rage3d's thread deterioration has nothing to do with this... It is unfair to make parallels in this situation regarding this. I'd sure like a console forum here.

Oh i think it is .. since many people of Rage3D browse this forum as well and vice versa. That console forum is jus plain bad.. there was also a discussion abt that in Rage3D.

Anyway may be a sub forum should be fine.

Johnmcl7 08-10-03 11:51 AM

Re: ...

Quote:

Originally posted by ragejg
rage3d's thread deterioration has nothing to do with this... It is unfair to make parallels in this situation regarding this. Flamewars here generally are the result of a high level of conviction/intense opinions... not errant jabs due to boredom/lack of focus on the discussion...

I'd sure like a console forum here.

It's not unfair to make parallels here at all, rage3d is the most obvious since it's also a graphics card forum. However, you can go anywhere you want, most people are so diehard to their own console that you'll see constant flamewars with any console discussion, whether it's rage3d, a console forum or usenet, it makes little difference. Putting it alongside a PC graphics card forum makes it even worse, as you'll get the PC diehards coming in and slating the console games.

John