nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Looking For ATT Android Phone (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=162223)

Bearclaw 05-04-11 09:40 PM

Looking For ATT Android Phone

Hey guys -

Looking for a cheaper android phone for ATT. Also looking for one with the best battery life possible.

Just looking to buy one off of amazon or eBay or craigslist.

Looking to just mess around with android for a while.

Thanks for your help!

|MaguS| 05-04-11 09:49 PM

Re: Looking For ATT Android Phone

I got an htc aria laying around...

Bearclaw 05-05-11 08:00 AM

http://www.htc.com/us/products/aria-att/#tech-specs

Looks like a nice device! How is battery life? I am on my phone constantly (Data, not calls) when at work. Need it to last all day without charging.

Also - Says it comes with Android 2.1 Is it upgradeable?

|MaguS| 05-05-11 11:04 AM

I have 2.2 custom rom on it, I believe they have 2.2 official rom available now. I don't remember how good the battery is, It's been in a box for a while now.

|MaguS| 05-05-11 07:21 PM

Might be getting the Samsung Infuse 4G so I would have a Captivate available soon as well.

shabby 05-06-11 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2429040)
Might be getting the Samsung Infuse 4G so I would have a Captivate available soon as well.

The infuse is just a captivate with a 4.5" screen, the rest of the hardware is identical and therefore outdated. I'd get the galaxy s2 if i were you.

DiscipleDOC 05-06-11 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabby (Post 2429516)
The infuse is just a captivate with a 4.5" screen, the rest of the hardware is identical and therefore outdated. I'd get the galaxy s2 if i were you.

That's what I'm waiting on...

|MaguS| 05-06-11 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabby (Post 2429516)

Yeah but AT&T wont be picking it up for a few months. I get my phones either free or at a great discount. The Infuse also has newer hardware, faster CPU, Better display (not just larger), better camera (with 1080p recording) and rumor is more RAM since lag isn't an issue like on the Captivate with Stock firmware.

shabby 05-08-11 09:02 AM

Its not the lack of ram or slow cpu that causes lag on the captivate, its the rfs file system. And i doubt samsung switched to ext4 in the infuse since even the gingerbread update for the galaxy s still uses rfs, only the nexus s and sgs4 are fully using ext4.
But hey since you're barely paying for the phone then why not, you'll probably switch to the sgs2 when it comes out.

Albo 05-08-11 11:32 AM

I was waiting for the samsung galaxy s2 for a while. But if it release in sept or spmething. I think I'm just going to get the htc inspire. I love the htc software included.

I wrote this from my iPod touch. Biatch!

DiscipleDOC 05-08-11 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albo (Post 2430007)
I was waiting for the samsung galaxy s2 for a while. But if it release in sept or spmething. I think I'm just going to get the htc inspire. I love the htc software included.

I wrote this from my iPod touch. Biatch!

I got that right now and I'm loving it. ;)

|MaguS| 05-08-11 07:03 PM

Holy ****! I just installed Gingerbread on my Captivate and its so different feeling. Smooth as hell and FAST!