nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mass Effect 3 Delayed (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=162237)

LurkerLito 05-05-11 10:27 AM

Mass Effect 3 Delayed

I just got a bad feeling about this ... Apparently they might be trying to dumb down the game more as the reason why the game is going to be delayed :(

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/60...s-Might-Be-Bad

From the article:
Quote:

... and essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach.
:banghead:

|MaguS| 05-05-11 11:08 AM

Re: Mass Effect 3 Delayed

Don't care, if its anything like Mass Effect 2 then I will welcome it. That game was awesome! Far better then the original.

HiCZoK4 05-05-11 12:35 PM

ahhh Mass Effect is best thing that happened since KOTOR so I am all waiting... positive

logan 05-05-11 05:08 PM

I liked the changes they made from Mass Effect 1 to 2. Spent way too much time worrying about and fiddling with weapon and armor upgrades in 1 and more time enjoying myself in 2. Those enhancements are part of what made ME2 my favorite game. The dumbing down of Dragon Age 2 didn't really bother me either, although I've never been a hardcore RPG gamer. It was mainly the disconnect from the first game and the henchmen/story bugs, not the mechanics. DA2 is closer to Mass Effect in that regard, so I don't exactly see any radical changes coming for ME3.. Maybe some tweaks of the inventory and dialog wheel. I just hope it's better tested than DA2 appears to have been. That and maybe they could lay off the release day DLC, and actually include it *with* the game instead. :P

nekrosoft13 05-05-11 06:27 PM

hurray, lets make things easier more idiot proof.

t3hl33td4rg0n 05-05-11 08:42 PM

Anyone who had issues with playing ME2 are likely morons... How can you make it easier? Gel racer comes to mind

Destroy 05-05-11 08:54 PM

They need to give the player a little Tinker Bell so if they get stuck Tinker can show the way.

Madpistol 05-05-11 10:00 PM

I liked ME2 a lot more than the original. If they keep the mechanics the same and spice up the story line even more, get ready for another Game of the Year hit from Bioware. :)

bacon12 05-05-11 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2428736)
Don't care, if its anything like Mass Effect 2 then I will welcome it. That game was awesome! Far better then the original.

I agree, and it was the only SP game I finished last year. I loved every minute of it.

Also don't want it more dumbed down, why not just make a I a tard mode so everyone can be happy.

Vardant 05-06-11 03:47 AM

There was already a game, that played itself on the lowest difficulty...so I guess it was pretty popular or the general public is even dumber than I thought, if the game needs even more streamlining...

I think the Paragon/Renegade options will be out. I don't know what else can they take away. Oh well, looks like I will be done with Bioware games after this.

shilk 05-06-11 04:05 PM

Aren't they working with DiCE to "tweak" the FPS portion of ME3?

Peoples-Agent 05-06-11 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vardant (Post 2429180)
There was already a game, that played itself on the lowest difficulty...so I guess it was pretty popular or the general public is even dumber than I thought, if the game needs even more streamlining...

I think the Paragon/Renegade options will be out. I don't know what else can they take away. Oh well, looks like I will be done with Bioware games after this.

I thought ME2 had the right mix enough to appeal to story dwellers/RPG fans and shooter fans, and done extremely well.

If they move it further towards the casual, be a grave shame.

Think the signs are already there with Dragon Age II though. :(