nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   id Software's RAGE (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=162329)

AngelGraves13 05-09-11 04:52 AM

id Software's RAGE

id Software's RAGE

Level Editor to Ship with Game
Quote:

Want to mod Rage? Good. Speaking to PC Gamer at a recent press event, Id Creative Director Tim Willits revealed that the PC version of Rage will support modding and level design right out of the box. All you need to do, says Tim, is “Pull down the console, type ‘id studio’, then press enter. Then, bam, there’s all the tools we use.

As for what you’ll be creating, that’s a little trickier; Id’s technology has moved on since you could fit 100′s of Doom levels on a CD. “Building levels from scratch is more difficult,” says Tim, “because we have a layer system in some of the levels. I can foresee somebody modding up Wellspring (a town in-game) and adding different characters, giving them different voice-over.” But if you’ve got the development skills to use it, the level editor will be there. “It’s built into the engine,” says Tim.

Will you be creating levels for Rage? Do let us know. We’ll try and feature the best mods when Rage launches in September.
Steamworks is "highly likely" as it is a Bethesda title, and already rumored to support Steam Cloud, Achievements, Voice, and the full feature set of Steam.

K007 05-09-11 05:18 AM

Re: id Software's RAGE

nice...looking forward to cool mods like fallout 3 :)

jlippo 05-09-11 06:52 AM

Very good news, although I wonder how long it will take to bake all that information to textures and compress it to texture atlas. (megatexture)
Also not having any source textures and such might be a problem.

K007 05-12-11 09:45 AM

Will this have co-op similar to borderlands? I actually enjoyed co-op with my friend...ended up playing 40 hours this week on borderlands....

|MaguS| 05-12-11 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K007 (Post 2431772)
Will this have co-op similar to borderlands? I actually enjoyed co-op with my friend...ended up playing 40 hours this week on borderlands....

Don't think it has any coop. It's not like borderlands in the gameplay aspect.

Yaboze 05-12-11 11:01 AM

Day 1 purchase.

HiCZoK4 05-12-11 04:36 PM

every ID game was a milestone up to this point. So looking forward to this one

Viral 05-12-11 08:49 PM

Great news, I used to make Quake 3 maps back in the day and even that required you to dl a program. Having it all built in and exactly what the devs use is great!

K007 05-12-11 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2431776)
Don't think it has any coop. It's not like borderlands in the gameplay aspect.

it has co-op, similar to bulletstorm style.

Sean_W 05-12-11 11:51 PM

Wonder how the editor will rank long side Unreal Ed 3.0, which was pretty awesome.

yuzhiwen 05-13-11 12:08 AM

Wow, nice! I used to make Quake 3 maps back in the day and even that required you to deal with the program. Thank you share this great news!

LydianKnight 05-13-11 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2432071)
Wonder how the editor will rank long side Unreal Ed 3.0, which keeps being pretty awesome.

Fix'd :p