nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Call of Duty - Elite! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=163007)

K007 05-31-11 09:12 AM

Call of Duty - Elite!

Quote:

We're excited to introduce Call of Duty Elite, a new evolution for the Call of Duty series. Elite enhances the multiplayer experience to epic proportions, completely changing the way you interact and compete. Visit the Elite site to check out the video and get a chance to get on the summer closed beta invite list!
http://www.callofduty.com/elite

Even if the number of players drop...idiots will still pay for this..so the end will still be a profit.

Madpistol 05-31-11 09:25 AM

Re: Call of Duty - Elite!

This is the one where people are going to pay monthly, right?

ViN86 05-31-11 09:54 AM

Quote:

Activision's plans for a new subscription component for Call of Duty games, dubbed Call of Duty Elite, have leaked online ahead of the official embargo.

Call of Duty Elite will, according to the Wall Street Journal, launch alongside Modern Warfare 3 in November this year.

Elite offers players a number of analysis tools, as well as extra content and downloadable map packs in return for a monthly subscription. Tools include level maps, stat-tracking, player-searching tools and the ability to create clans and groups.

The cost of the subscription has yet to be determined, but Activision was keen to stress that players will not need to pay to play Call of Duty's standard multiplayer. Payment is only required for the Elite toolset.

More information will become available when the embargo lifts later today, but until then let us know your thoughts in the forums and check out the Modern Warfare 3 trailer below. More videos are available in the trailers section.
I don't buy the map packs anyways, so I see no use for this myself. But for others the features may be useful (i.e. console players).

DiscipleDOC 05-31-11 09:56 AM

Pass.:thumbdwn:

Phyre 05-31-11 10:03 AM

BRB, heading to the bathroom for a Call of Doodie....

Vardant 05-31-11 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViN86 (Post 2439506)
But for others the features may be useful (i.e. console players).

I've seen some console players pointing out, that the stat-tracking, that is supposed be so much expensive was already part of Halo and for free. Bungie must have lost a fortune doing that :D

Sean_W 05-31-11 11:01 AM

:lol2: :lol2: slaWter

Roliath 05-31-11 11:06 AM

Another reason i'm glad I don't own any CoD game.

mailman2 05-31-11 11:25 AM

I love COD, but I hope this is a massive fail. I'll never pay monthly / yearly, etc to play a game online.

Elite offers players a number of analysis tools, as well as extra content and downloadable map packs in return for a monthly subscription. Tools include level maps, stat-tracking, player-searching tools and the ability to create clans and groups.

The cost of the subscription has yet to be determined, but Activision was keen to stress that players will not need to pay to play Call of Duty's standard multiplayer. Payment is only required for the Elite toolset.

So basically nothing I care about.... this is for the people dumb enough to pay for it.

knghtwhosaysni 05-31-11 11:36 AM

I'm pretty sure bungie did all that for free with Halo 2--at least as far as the level maps, stat tracking, player searching, and clans.

|MaguS| 05-31-11 11:48 AM

Valve does this with TF2 and CS:S as well.

bob saget 05-31-11 12:07 PM

All these MW3 rumor discussion threads are annoying as hell....