nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support” (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=163769)

K007 06-23-11 05:13 AM

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

Quote:

Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling says that post-release support “major focus” for the team once Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is released on November 8. Gamerzines spotted Bowling’s comments on Twitter, where he said that players can expect “exceptional post-launch support” and “constant patches” for Modern Warfare 3′s multiplayer.

Bowling says that fan feedback on Modern Warfare 2′s multiplayer has motivated the team to provide better support for the sequel. Modern Warfare 2′s multiplayer suffered numerous hacks and cheats when it came out in 2009, and Infinity Ward were criticised for taking too long to patch up new exploits. Hopefully Modern Warfare 3′s multiplayer will be more secure. For more on the next Call of Duty game, check out last week’s huge Modern Warfare 3 info-leak. There’s also a shiny new Modern Warfare 3 site, which contains the four teaser trailers Activision released over the weekend.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/19/ca...ame=0&ns_fee=0

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6...dadbowling.jpg

nutcrackr 06-23-11 05:58 AM

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

dedicated servers? yes / no thx

Logical 06-23-11 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcrackr (Post 2448370)
dedicated servers? yes / no thx

They're so called still in talks about it according to Bowling. Fact is if they offer the PC customers the same as console customers then there is gonna be a lot of pissed PC customers.

Here is a list of features from the PC version that i would like to see, without these the game will be a no buy from me....

Dedicated servers from GSP of choice, mod tools as close to launch as possible, effective anticheat, console with full CVAR control with the obvious ones being locked, prone, lean, fully laid out multiplayer maps instead of parts of SP being used, the COD elite service actually offering something worth paying for, independance from Steam and a less than £40 price tag.

PeterJensen 06-23-11 07:55 AM

**** 'em. go BF 3

Madpistol 06-23-11 08:08 AM

Either Infinity Ward is simply putting up a "smoke and mirrors" cover to get more sales, or they're legitimately scared of what BF3 could do to the PC FPS market.

Good. I like a little competition. :)

K007 06-23-11 08:58 AM

erm it was already confirmed...it wont be having dedicated servers...same as mw2...just different skin..more brown..and more lies.

Logical 06-23-11 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K007 (Post 2448439)
erm it was already confirmed...it wont be having dedicated servers...same as mw2...just different skin..more brown..and more lies.

Oooh got any links for this as i cant find nothing on confirmation.

mailman2 06-23-11 09:52 PM

thats because we are gonna get another unfinished beta of a port... they will have to patch it for months just like Black Ops to get it running decent for us. I'm tired of PC ports that blow chunks. They can claim they will give "exceptional post-launch support", but I'm tired of the BS and can't believe anything these retarded devs say anymore.

bob saget 06-23-11 10:30 PM

cod is dead. only greeDDo plays that game....

Burnt_Ram 06-24-11 07:15 AM

no dedicated servers for PC??? wtf man, are they kidding. once blops gets mod tools released that will give me a cod fix when i need it, which aint too offen anymore ;)

TheANIMAL 06-24-11 09:22 AM

who gives a ****

ViN86 06-24-11 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical (Post 2448395)
They're so called still in talks about it according to Bowling. Fact is if they offer the PC customers the same as console customers then there is gonna be a lot of pissed PC customers.

Here is a list of features from the PC version that i would like to see, without these the game will be a no buy from me....

Dedicated servers from GSP of choice, mod tools as close to launch as possible, effective anticheat, console with full CVAR control with the obvious ones being locked, prone, lean, fully laid out multiplayer maps instead of parts of SP being used, the COD elite service actually offering something worth paying for, independance from Steam and a less than £40 price tag.

What year do you think this is? 2007? Last game that had all that was COD4...