nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows 7 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Alternative to Live Mail? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=163894)

Quick420 06-27-11 09:54 AM

Alternative to Live Mail?

What are you guys using for email since the loss of outlook express? I've been using incredimail,are there any better alternatives out there?Incredimail is ok but it comes with all sorts of bells&whistles that are not really needed.Thnx for having a peek;)

Q 06-27-11 10:42 AM

Re: Alternative to Live Mail?

Gmail.

I have found very few benefits for a thick client since moving to Gmail. I do backup my mail locally once a month with MailStore, but I guess I would use full Outlook 2010 or Thunderbird if I really needed a thick client.

Bearclaw 06-27-11 10:58 AM

Another vote for Gmail.

DiscipleDOC 06-27-11 11:01 AM

Gmail. There is nothing that is a better alternative to Live Mail.

six_storm 06-27-11 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC (Post 2449875)
Gmail. There is nothing that is a better alternative to Live Mail.

+1

Quick420 06-27-11 11:57 AM

Thnx guys I'll grab gmail and give it a whirl.

mojoman0 06-27-11 01:07 PM

I think the hotmail website is easily the best of the email services out there. It fully integrates with Office online, skydrive, etc. Right click accessibility and html 5 fluidity. The interface is far more organized and easy on the eyes than gmail imo. Inbox filtering and folder management is a snap as well. I just pin it to my task bar and get the win7 functionality as well

Quick420 06-27-11 01:57 PM

I tried gmail,liking the ease of use so far.I may try hotmail later on thnx for the suggestion,I had thought hotmail was for setting up dupe emails only LOL

Q 06-27-11 02:19 PM

Here was my key deciding factor for migrating my wife from Hotmail a few months ago.

Within the last half year, both Hotmail and Gmail have both had down-times where user data was lost.

Gmail recovered from tape. Hotmail lost TONS of messages including a nice handful from two of my wife's accounts. Gmail communicated the issue clearly and provided status updates. Hotmail did not.

Remember to archive your messages offline once and a while, too. You're going to get zero support from either company if they lose your messages or your account is compromised since you're not a paying customer.

Hogrider 07-10-11 12:24 AM

I use Live Mail. If it's good enough for me then it's good enough for your ass. Just do it.

mullet 07-10-11 01:00 AM

outlook!!!!!!

ViN86 07-10-11 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abtomat74 (Post 2453864)
There is also Thunderbird from Mozilla.

Thunderbird is phenomenal. About 5-6 years ago it was awful, but it has improved a great deal since then.