nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Networking And Security (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I need more labs for my CCNA study.. test is in a month (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=165343)

DansFace 08-16-11 10:53 AM

I need more labs for my CCNA study.. test is in a month

Hey guys! My CCNA exam is next month..I've currently done all my packet tracer labs out of my lab books..

I want more practice :|

Does anyone have some custom PT or maybe some GNS3 labs? PM me!

Runningman 08-16-11 11:23 AM

Re: I need more labs for my CCNA study.. test is in a month

well, first off what are your strong points and weak points? How are your acl skills and appling them back? what about your IP addressing, can you just look at the question and come up with the ranges in your head, if not I would work on my senerios based on VLSM and such...

DansFace 08-16-11 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runningman (Post 2468613)
well, first off what are your strong points and weak points? How are your acl skills and appling them back? what about your IP addressing, can you just look at the question and come up with the ranges in your head, if not I would work on my senerios based on VLSM and such...

ACLs are one of my weakest areas :| More practice would be awesome. I'm fairly quick at subnetting.. even quicker when I plot down my subnetting graph on notes(which I can do for the CCNA)

Then there's the little things I miss in my test engines..

Runningman 08-18-11 07:09 PM

How about I throw some senarios at you and we will work them out together? We can sort of make this thread out to be an nvnews cisco study thread? Im game if you are?

DansFace 08-19-11 10:01 AM

of course I'm game!! :)
I love discussing this topic!

DansFace 08-19-11 11:45 AM

I really want to become a network engineer.... I could use all the encouragement I can get.. check out my own lab at home :) https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-I...819_002540.jpg

3x 2600s /w 2t-WIC
2x 2950 Switchs
1x 3500XL switch
A desktop top running VMs as TFTPs and Webservers...

Throw whatever you got at me!

oh and 2x2500s upgraded with a WHOPPING 16MBs of ram :)

six_storm 08-19-11 01:27 PM

Nice lab. I have my CCENT (too lazy to study for CCNA). :D

Runningman 08-19-11 04:47 PM

nice!! when we do this are you going to use your equiptment or GNS3, also what versions of IOS are you using, just so that we are on the same page here.

DansFace 08-19-11 05:16 PM

My computer only has 2GB of memory ATM... 4GBs of memory died on me.. I'd be down to use GNS3 when I get more memory

My 2600's are running a 12.2 k9 IOS... I'll check when I get home.

How much do you know about the IOSs... I know mine can't run 12.4. Should I post the memory and specs of the routers?

Runningman 08-19-11 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DansFace (Post 2470002)
My computer only has 2GB of memory ATM... 4GBs of memory died on me.. I'd be down to use GNS3 when I get more memory

My 2600's are running a 12.2 k9 IOS... I'll check when I get home.

How much do you know about the IOSs... I know mine can't run 12.4. Should I post the memory and specs of the routers?

12.2 should be fine, are you running GNS in conjunction with your rack?

Runningman 08-19-11 10:29 PM

I was thinking of putting this together sort of in the same vain as how the CCIE goes down. One single layout diagram with a few routers and two switches and a single paragraph of things that needs to be done. maybe break it down into three diagrams each with the diffrent routing protocols and some static routes. To me that is the best way of really engineering things and hacking the systems, which will cover all bases all at once...

Runningman 08-19-11 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DansFace (Post 2469847)
I really want to become a network engineer.... I could use all the encouragement I can get.. check out my own lab at home :) https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-I...819_002540.jpg

3x 2600s /w 2t-WIC
2x 2950 Switchs
1x 3500XL switch
A desktop top running VMs as TFTPs and Webservers...

Throw whatever you got at me!

oh and 2x2500s upgraded with a WHOPPING 16MBs of ram :)

are you using the 2511 as an access server or frame switch or part of your generic topology. god, I used to love that router becuase It gave me console access to my full rack...