nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Mobile Devices And Smartphones (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Which tablet should I buy (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=165429)

Runningman 08-18-11 04:32 PM

Which tablet should I buy

Ok, I'm in the market for a tablet and need one that is good for taking notes both written and voice. I'm also looking for one that is WIFI only with GPS built in, not GPS assisted like the Ipad. So far Im leaning toward the Motorola Xoom, but the tab 10.1 looks nice. I don't know if I want another Apple product because I just think the Ipad feels more like a toy then something that can be a serious business tool. Can any of you guys give me some good input to help me make a decision? Thanks!

Hogrider 08-18-11 07:50 PM

Re: Which tablet should I buy

Whatever you do don't get the HP Touchpad.

We've got an ipad2 and if I had to do it over again I'd go for the ipad2.

Runningman 08-18-11 08:19 PM

why did you prefer the Ipad2 over HP touchpad? did you like IOS over android or was it more of the whole feel of the product?

Runningman 08-18-11 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0 (Post 2469621)

hmmm, I didnt even consider that, going to look at it now...

mojoman0 08-18-11 08:55 PM

hp touchpad has sold less than 10% of its stock and HP just gave up their entire mobile/tablet business

Runningman 08-18-11 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojoman0 (Post 2469635)
hp touchpad has sold less than 10% of its stock and HP just gave up their entire mobile/tablet business

Ya, I took HP off any consideration after the announcment..

Hogrider 08-19-11 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runningman (Post 2469622)
why did you prefer the Ipad2 over HP touchpad? did you like IOS over android or was it more of the whole feel of the product?

HP touchpad is no more as you know. Also it didn't use Android but I do prefer ios over Android. ios feels much more stable and polished than Android.

DiscipleDOC 08-19-11 09:05 AM

I love my asus transformer. Despite the griping that people do over it, it is a very handy tool that I use every day.

Runningman 08-19-11 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC (Post 2469766)
I love my asus transformer. Despite the griping that people do over it, it is a very handy tool that I use every day.

Im looking at that now, why dont people like it, doesnt seem to bad to me? is the GPS assisted or is it a true gps unit that doesnt need a web connection?

Maverick123w 08-19-11 04:29 PM

I played around with an Acer Iconia at Staples and was amazed at how well it performed for being listed at $349 in the store. Blew away a Xoom I played with at a Verizon store... but that's Moto for you.

Runningman 08-19-11 04:37 PM

Lol, you guys arent making this any easier for me...

I'm reading now that Android 3.2 still doesnt allow writing to the SD card, it will only allow reading, anyone have any experiance with this?

Hogrider 08-19-11 04:37 PM

I learned my lesson, if I want good GPS I'm going to stick with a real GPS device.