nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Software (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   doubletwist still sucksth (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=165575)

trivium nate 08-24-11 09:23 AM

doubletwist still sucksth

This is what I wrote to doubldtwist support people

Doubletwist sucks,
ok I have it for my droid(tmobile G2) latest version and I have it for pc(latest version) 3.2 ghz quad core,8gb ram,7 ultimate 64bit, I have all the music on my music folder and In doubletwist organized the way I want it to be.
sometimes when I go to put the music on my phone it sometimes won't sync all songs even though I want all of them to be synced, sometime I put all my music on my phone turn off usb storage and it will say, use you're pc to sync music to doubletwist until I restart my phone, and for some artists even though they are labeled in dt they will appear as unknown artist in dt on my phone....and when I use dt on my phone it taks forever to load! Takes forever to open then I click artists tht takes forever to pop up and selecting music takes forever, what gives? This stuff needs to be taken care of

Q 08-24-11 09:40 AM

Re: doubletwist still sucksth

Again, just use Subsonic. Install the application on the machine with your music. Set a port forward on your router. Use the web version for free, or pony up $10 (or less) and donate to Subsonic to get access to the incredible Android app. I've been using it flawlessly over the last two weeks as I bike to work and have used it regularly for the last year in general use. It's fantastic. No syncing, all super responsive streaming. And you can cache as much as you want on your phone.

Doubletwist is the old school iTunes style school of thought. And it's half-baked at best.

trivium nate 08-25-11 10:52 AM

Finally got all my music organized again and in dt fine says it finally all synced all my music onto phone
But dt doesn't show anything....

Anyways I setup subsonic did all the stuff but when trying to do anything with subsonic it says network error...annoying and I can't connect

Q 08-25-11 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trivium nate (Post 2472081)
Finally got all my music organized again and in dt fine says it finally all synced all my music onto phone
But dt doesn't show anything....

Anyways I setup subsonic did all the stuff but when trying to do anything with subsonic it says network error...annoying and I can't connect

I set up two profiles.

Internal wifi where I specify the local IP and port.

External where I specify myname.dydns.org:5000 (the port I forward). Works great for Web page streaming and the phone.

trivium nate 08-26-11 06:06 AM

Idk if it means anything but I formatted the sd card in the phone and synced my music to it,
It worked fine like all the music is on their

snowmanwithahat 08-30-11 03:52 PM

Spotify/Pandora/Google Music for streaming...
Drag and drop in Windows Explorer for stuff that'll be stored locally on the device.

It's how I do it.... in fact why even bother with something so ****ty like doubletwist when Google Music exists?