nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Duke Nukem Forever (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166688)

candle_86 09-24-11 10:06 PM

Duke Nukem Forever

So I saw it on sale for 19.99 thought to myself I loved Duke Nukem 3d, so lets get forever now that its come down in price. Its nostalgic but thats it, It doesn't have the same pull that other games have. I honestly feel this is Duke Nukem yes but maybe I didn't realize how lacking it was when i first played it in 1997. I thought 3d was epic and fun, but forever just feels kinda meh to me. So disapointing, had it come out back in the early 2000's I would have loved it, but now I will beat it just because I must, but replay it, thats not likly. :thumbdwn:

MowTin 09-25-11 02:32 PM

Re: Duke Nukem Forever

Quote:

Originally Posted by candle_86 (Post 2483812)
So I saw it on sale for 19.99 thought to myself I loved Duke Nukem 3d, so lets get forever now that its come down in price. Its nostalgic but thats it, It doesn't have the same pull that other games have. I honestly feel this is Duke Nukem yes but maybe I didn't realize how lacking it was when i first played it in 1997. I thought 3d was epic and fun, but forever just feels kinda meh to me. So disapointing, had it come out back in the early 2000's I would have loved it, but now I will beat it just because I must, but replay it, thats not likly. :thumbdwn:

The graphics are just so dated. Even with the polish it feels like a budget game. And for some reason they changed the fundamental game mechanics. In the original you could carry all your weapons and assign a key to each. You could instantly switch to your weapon of choice.

Also, I was disappointed that there was no jetpack in the single player. I hope they make another with modern graphics. Hopefully, it won't take forever this time.

Sean_W 09-25-11 03:19 PM

They should have taken the original and just gave it a 2011 makeover and I think it would have been a massive hit. The game is pathetic after all the time taken on it.

Redeemed 09-25-11 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2483964)
They should have taken the original and just gave it a 2011 makeover and I think it would have been a massive hit. The game is pathetic after all the time taken on it.

I got so far as installing the demo. Tried playing a bit and it have major graphical artifacts. Uninstalled and haven't looked back.

Even if given this game for free I'll likely never play it.

scout2of3 09-25-11 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 2483966)
I got so far as installing the demo. Tried playing a bit and it have major graphical artifacts. Uninstalled and haven't looked back.

Even if given this game for free I'll likely never play it.

Although I didn't have any graphical issues, I still felt that the demo was poor as far as game play went and like others have said that it lacked graphically.

I finished the demo and like you I have no intention of purchasing this game.

BioHazZarD 09-26-11 05:04 AM

Yeah the game sucked ass bigtime, the 2001 trailer looked ten times more fun.

Mike89 09-26-11 01:25 PM

What the hell, I thought it was a fun game to play. I never got into the Duke nostalga so had no expectations. I still play it when I want to take a leak and kick some pig butt.

FastRedPonyCar 09-26-11 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2483964)

They (not 3DRealms or gearbox) did. Still WAY more fun that DNF IMO.

http://hrp.duke4.net/download.php

Install is confusing as hell but once it's working it's awesome. I had never played past the 1st level in it so my first time playing through Duke3D was in HD :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0_renderer.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...7-43-05-38.png

Mike89 09-26-11 10:21 PM

You got to be kidding me.

What the hell, to each his own what he wants to play I guess. You can have you old game, I'll take the new one.

Another guy here said Matrix Path To Neo was better than Crysis 2. Nothing surprises me anymore about the comments I read in this forum. Sometimes I think there must be multiple versions of the same games floating around because a some people posting in this forum sure seem to be playing different versions than I am. Dunno man, can't call it. Crap games are good to some, and good games are crap to some. And they all think they're right. Problem is, what's right to one, is wrong to another. I'll just keep playing instead of listening to the comments.

candle_86 09-27-11 12:49 PM

I was expecting a game like Duke Nukem 3d you know fun, enjoyable, good plot

Quick420 09-28-11 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike89 (Post 2484420)
You got to be kidding me.

What the hell, to each his own what he wants to play I guess. You can have you old game, I'll take the new one.

Another guy here said Matrix Path To Neo was better than Crysis 2. Nothing surprises me anymore about the comments I read in this forum. Sometimes I think there must be multiple versions of the same games floating around because a some people posting in this forum sure seem to be playing different versions than I am. Dunno man, can't call it. Crap games are good to some, and good games are crap to some. And they all think they're right. Problem is, what's right to one, is wrong to another. I'll just keep playing instead of listening to the comments.

I agree with you,I play anything that catches my attention without listening to opinions.:cool:

crainger 09-30-11 06:42 AM

I didn't mind Forever. Not the game I was expecting, but not the worst thing I've played this year.