nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Who cares what you're listening to (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16725)

NickSpolec 08-20-03 10:08 AM

Who cares what you're listening to

Maybe I am the only one, but I find that little "Listening to..." thing at the end of the news posts now both annoying and loathesome.

I detest it.

It's flat out idiotic and arrogant. It's like, "Look at me, ain't I special?"

I mean, who gives a rat's ass what you're listening to? Not me.

It's worthless drivel.

Who came up with this idea originally?

Muya?

Whoever they are, they should be shot.

The Baron 08-20-03 10:18 AM

Whoa there, Tiger. It's not like it's

OMG IM LISTENING TO METALLICA!!!~!111111``1~

It's one line at the end. Yeah, it's pretty annoying and unnecessary, but it's not the end of the world. He's only done it on a few news posts; give him a break.

(He also posts more news than anyone else on the Internet, period. That should count for something. ;) )

NickSpolec 08-20-03 10:38 AM

Whatchu talkin' about? He's done it on every new post he's made recently. On the main page, I count every post he has done, except one, with it.

It's already started a fire that won't stop.. MaxPower has started to copy him by doing it too. Every MaxPower post on the main page also has it. I counted 12 out of 14 posts with the "Listening to..." included.

Now, everyone will start doing it, because people can't be left out of self promotion and the "Ain't I cool" factor. Soon, we will all be subject to finding out exactly what someone is listening to on NvNews.... As if anyone really gave two sh**s?

What's next? "Currently masterbating to..."?

And imagine it, including the "Listening to.." in every forum posts they make.

It's horrifying.. It's the end of the 'net as we know it.

MikeC 08-20-03 10:43 AM

O.K., Nick your point is made. Thanks for the input.

vampireuk 08-20-03 11:35 AM

Yes thanks, although next time make it a bit more polite. Courtesy goes a long long way.

gmontem 08-20-03 12:18 PM

I hate it as well

Can someone edit the old news posts and remove those lines? I find it very distracting even if it's just one line.

I suggest that news posters do this sort of thing in their blog or other personal online journal. The news section is not the place for this.

vampireuk 08-20-03 12:22 PM

There is no real point removing them now, just read through the news as it is and we will discuss this ourselves. :)

gmontem 08-20-03 01:12 PM

Well I think you should at least get Mr. Fibble involved in this somehow. :p

vampireuk 08-20-03 01:44 PM

Mr. Flibble avoids the front page, it brings him too much publicity. And with publicity comes polar bears:eek:

|JuiceZ| 08-20-03 01:45 PM

hey I kinda liked it, its only one short line after all, shows our newsposters do have a personality outside of pcs....o well :rolleyes:

netviper13 08-20-03 02:37 PM

I like it too, shows that not everybody here is a total computer nerd. You want news and nothing but news go to www.cnn.com , we like to have some fun here.

PsychoSy 08-20-03 02:46 PM

Actually, I find it slightly distracting - I've often skimmed an entire news post just to see what the hell MUYA or Max might be listening to! :D

Oh, and uh...by the way...

:nana: "Cotton Eye Joe" by Rednex :nana:

:afro: