nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nouveau problem: Video tearing (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=167448)

jsnjack 10-17-11 08:01 AM

Nouveau problem: Video tearing

Hello. I have just re-enable nouveau driver on my fedora 15 system. I did it because of xorg high CPU usage (90%) on the nvidia driver (Do you know how to fix it?). And a problem goes away. I have fast and useful desktop environment (gnome 3)

But if I try to watch video at my system with nouveau driver, there are horizontal lines (tearing). Please, help me to fix it.

I found out that the problem may be solved by enabling Vblank sync. I did it in this way:
I created xorg.conf with Option "GLXVBlank" "True" . But it doesn't help me.

P.S. Pentium E2200, 2 Gb RAM, Geforce 7300 GT 256 Mb, Fedora 15

artem 10-17-11 11:31 AM

Re: Nouveau problem: Video tearing

driconf?

mocharhw 10-17-11 02:17 PM

There's an environment variable that needs to be set. Check the nouveau documentation.

jsnjack 10-17-11 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artem (Post 2491571)
driconf?

I have already installed driconf. Please, check my configuration:
1. Method to limit rendering latency --- Let the graphic hardware emit the software interrupt and sleep.
2. Synchronization with vertical refresh --- Always synchronize with vertical refresh, application choose the minimum swap interval
3. Support larger textures not guaranteed to fit into graphic memory --- At least one texture must fit under worst-case assumption

With this options it doesn't take any effect (still tearing)

jsnjack 10-17-11 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mocharhw (Post 2491622)
There's an environment variable that needs to be set. Check the nouveau documentation.

What kind of variable? I found out only Option "GLXVBlank" "True". But it doesn't help too.

artem 10-18-11 02:17 AM

Are you running compiz or Kwin4? If so, you must change VSync configuration in themselves.

jsnjack 10-18-11 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artem (Post 2491821)
Are you running compiz or Kwin4? If so, you must change VSync configuration in themselves.

No compiz, and I guess no kwin4. I have only default fedora 15 configuration with gnome 3.

artem 10-18-11 04:07 AM

Gnome 3 also uses a compositing manager - check Gnome 3 settings.

artem 10-18-11 04:12 AM

--dupe, delete--

jsnjack 10-18-11 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artem (Post 2491829)
Gnome 3 also uses a compositing manager - check Gnome 3 settings.

Mutter is a compositing manager for GNOME 3, isn't it? So, some people says that you can't disable compositing in it. It can't work without compositing. I think, GNOME 3 will go to fallback mode without compositing.

Anyway, I didn't find any configuration in GNOME 3. I installed gnome-tweak-tool and dconf-editor and found nothing. How can I find Vsync in mutter?