nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows XP And Vista (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   service pack 1 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1678)

cricket 09-09-02 08:17 PM

service pack 1

they say the service pack 1 for winxp is due out this week...my question is:'will it have a fix for refresh rate problems and in if it does, do i need to unistall refresh force(or at least revert back to original settings) before updating"? anyone know exactly what day this week the service pack is due out?

volt 09-09-02 08:22 PM

They released SP1 already. At least it was on microsoft's site.
And no it doesnt contain any refresh rate fixes.

cricket 09-09-02 08:28 PM

yes ..i found it on their site...my next question is "is it worth downloading it, or is it gonna screw things up on me"? anyone that has installed sp1 have any adverse effects after installing sp1?

VoltFox 09-09-02 08:28 PM

It does but only in Direct3D, not in OpenGL...
I've installed the service pack and XP seems using the highest refresh rate in D3D, but for OpenGL you still have to use a refresh rate tool...

One think to note, I can't use Refresh Force after I've installed SP1... my refresh rate is totally screw up, I really recommend not to use that program after you have installed XP SP1... well, at least in my system that program really screw up my refresh rates...

The Baron 09-09-02 10:04 PM

I'm still peachy. Ran RefreshForce before I installed SP1, and my rates are the same.

SP1 seems to be fine. I'd give it a shot if you're running an Athlon as it apparently stops a lot of crashes with Athlons and 3D stuff.

Feanor 09-11-02 12:20 AM

There was one black screen prob I've occasionally had with my new system setup (got in Feb) which SP1 did not help with... Can't say if this is a winXP Pro or an nForce driver prob though... (It just happened again when I installed SP1 then went to bed, well when I was asleep and the comp was unattended.)

The only new things (most stuff ported from older system) are

- Asus A7N266-E (nForce 420D chipset) - Feb 2002
- Athlon XP 1900+ - Feb 2002 (replaced an Athlon Tbird 1 GHz)
- Corsair XMS-2400 CAS 2.0 (2x 256 MB DIMMs) - Feb 2002
- Visiontek GF3 Ti500 - Nov 2001
- XP retail (had previous beta and RC versions before) when it came out

Beats the hell out of me...when it black screens, it just freezes and won't even ctrl + alt + del or anything... This randomly happens about every 1-2 months since I've had it set up...

exar 09-16-02 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Feanor
There was one black screen prob I've occasionally had with my new system setup (got in Feb) which SP1 did not help with... Can't say if this is a winXP Pro or an nForce driver prob though... (It just happened again when I installed SP1 then went to bed, well when I was asleep and the comp was unattended.)

The only new things (most stuff ported from older system) are

- Asus A7N266-E (nForce 420D chipset) - Feb 2002
- Athlon XP 1900+ - Feb 2002 (replaced an Athlon Tbird 1 GHz)
- Corsair XMS-2400 CAS 2.0 (2x 256 MB DIMMs) - Feb 2002
- Visiontek GF3 Ti500 - Nov 2001
- XP retail (had previous beta and RC versions before) when it came out

Beats the hell out of me...when it black screens, it just freezes and won't even ctrl + alt + del or anything... This randomly happens about every 1-2 months since I've had it set up...

I've had the same problem, but only since installing SP1. I just uninstalled SP1, and had the same problem, so maybe it's something in the 40.41's???